Tuesday, July 27, 2010

To Hays, on your birthday.

There’s more here than what we're seeing



A divine conspiracy

That you, an angel lovely



Could somehow fall for me

You’ll always be love’s great martyr


Ill be the flattered fool


and I need you


God gave me you for the ups and downs

God gave me you for the days of doubt


There are no words here left to say, it’s true


God gave me you

On my own I’m only


Half of what I could be


I can’t do without you


We are stitched together

And what love has tethered


I pray we never undo


God gave me you.


I love this song by Dave Barnes. And of course, every time I hear it, I think of Hays. I cannot imagine being blessed with a more wonderful man. He is an incredible husband and father. I can't think of many people who deserve to have an incredible birthday as much as he does. His sacrifices are many, and often his rewards are few. He is 29 today, and I would really love it if you would all comment to him and tell him Happy Birthday!

9 comments:

Susannah said...

Yay Hazer! Happy birhtday! I love the "pregnant" picture and the ones of Hays in the blazer are the way I remember him from Auburn! :D

Katie Beth Owens said...

Happy Birthday Hays! I hope you have a great day! Loved all the pictures Meridith!

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

That was the sweetest post. I love the pictures taken during the proposal. What awesome memories!

Unknown said...

Who is the fat guy in that awesome wolf shirt?! LOL

Marianna said...

What a great post! Happy Happy birthday to a great guy with an even greater family! And that wolf shirt rocks! HA HA!

Bre said...

I love this post...I also remember all of those pictures, especially the bunny...ha. Happy Birthday cuz, hope you have a great day and many more!!!

The Skippers said...

Love this post!!! It was cool to see you guys through out the years. Miss you all!!!

catherine said...

Happy late birthday Hays! I love that song too. What a sweet post and some cute pictures.

lg2006 said...

OMG! This was the sweetest post ever MERE! I love ya'll! For some reason my reader has not been showing me your updates so I am behind! dang!
I also love that picture of Hays and MA with the cake. She is seriously one of the cutest kids we know, and Im not just saying that!