Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Thank God for each other!!!





I am starting to figure out that each new day with a newborn baby brings new challenges! When the baby does what "we think she's supposed to" (i.e.-sleep when we put her down, burp on cue during/after a feeding, etc), we like to talk about the precise method we used that led to unparalleled success, and expect it to yield the same result every time. Of course, as soon as we have it all figured out, she lets us know of her disapproval. This immediately leads to us doubting EVERYTHING we do, and how we don't know what to do to help her. Don't get me wrong, Margaret Anne is a very happy baby, and many who have seen her can attest to that, but there are moments when she seems to have her own agenda (typically comprised of crying), and Mom and Dad look at each other cluelessly. If anyone tells me they can keep a clear head while their baby is crying seemingly without reason, don't mention it to me, cuz I ain't havin' it! My point in this directionless rant is that, I cannot be more thankful to share this experience (yes, the good and the bad), with Meredith, and I wouldn't trade it for the world!


Also, here is a picture of Daisy, professional guardian of Margaret Anne and her room. She is a great big sis and camps out under her crib!

1 comment:

Lydia said...

Hays-
No lie, parenting is the hardest thing I've ever done. Jacob is 9 months old this week and I can tell you that things will get easier. I promise. Right now I feel your pain. Margaret Anne and Meredith both look beautiful--you are one lucky guy! Take care and SLEEP WHEN THE BABY SLEEPS if at all possible!!