Thursday, October 4, 2012

Day 4- New York, New York

Last weekend I had the chance to visit New York City with some girlfriends. It was a spur of the moment decision to go on this trip and it required a LOT of budgeting on Hays' part. He gave me this trip for my anniversary present and I have to say that it was a pretty selfless gift. I needed this little getaway and I am so thankful that I got to spend time with these sweet friends.

We had SO much fun! Here are the pictures to prove it.They are all from my phone so please forgive the quality.

We went out dancing. We may have danced to "Gangnam Style" complete with some of the choreography. Don't be jealous.



We stopped at the Central Park Boathouse for some afternoon refreshments. From the left:
Me, Loren, Corrie, and Alison


We were going to the Met... but decided to just take a picture on the steps when we got inside and realized how incredibly crowded it was.


We had brunch at the Coffee Shop at Union Square and decided that the pay phones looked fun.
Please notice how gingerly Alison grips that handle. LOL!

We ate dinner at Beauty and Essex... complete with the Joey Box of Doughnuts that were AMAZING. Filled with Nutella and raspberry jam.


Alison and Corrie


Y'all, there is a champagne bar in the BATHROOM at Beauty and Essex. We hung out in there for awhile. Yeah, in the bathroom.



Me and Loren


We ate at Gramercy Tavern... possibly the best meal of my life. This was my drink, an Orange Blossom.


Our hotel was right by the 9/11 Memorial and the new Freedom Tower. This picture does not do it justice.


We stopped in this place with the cool name... then went dancing and ate at Katz's Deli, home of the famous scene in When Harry Met Sally. "I'll have what she's having."


We rode the subway a few times.


Strolled through Central Park to Strawberry Fields...



And we generally just had a great time spending time together and laughing!!! We also ate some of the best pizza in NYC at John's pizzeria, had cookies from LaVain's, pastries from Rocco's, and we SHOPPED AND SHOPPED.

I am so blessed with sweet friends.

2 comments:

Cary said...

Sounds like y'all had a ball! Happy anniversary!!

Cary said...

I have tried to comment 3 times now. Sounds like y'all had a ball! Happy anniversary!