Friday, December 7, 2007

My friend Beth


I have officially received my first online threat to be disowned. Apparently sometimes when you mention people as part of a group, but don't mention them by name, they get offended. Well, my dear cuz/friend Beth, this is for you.

Let me explain Beth to everyone. Beth may be the shortest person that I know. She is also very unique. She moved to New York, and once she moved up there she developed this funny accent. Every once in a while she comes home and asks "What is a grit?" And I have to say "Beth, you lived in the South for 21 years. You know that they are gritS, with an 'S.' Now stop acting too cool for everyone." Just kidding, Beth never acts cool.

In all seriousness, one of the best qualities about Beth is that she did move to NYC and get a big fancy job where she works all of the time, but she is still one of the most down to earth people I know. She was nice enough to bring all five of us "Gadsden Girls" to NYC on her ticket, and lead us all around, even though I am sure we were embarrasing tourists. And she is SO smart. Smarter than anyone I know.

Another interesting fact: Beth and I became friends in second grade. One day she ran up to me in our second grade classroom and said "Meredith, we are cousins!" I said "What?" Turns out our grandmothers are first cousins, so we are third cousins.

Beth, I hope you enjoyed this. Please don't disown me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahaha...that's better. You know I would never disown you.

Sometimes I act cool, right? I think I did once. Hell, I don't know. Anyway, I'm coming back to Gadrock on the 21st and will be there till Jan 2. Let's play.

ml said...

I knew you were bluffing. You were real cool that night Haley had to take you and Charity home to your mutha.