Friday, October 17, 2008

Update!

Wow, this week has flown by! While I have made a lot of progress at work, I have let a lot of things slide, like housework and blogging! Margaret Anne had her 2 month checkup on Monday, and Hays and I were a little nervous because we knew she would also be getting her vaccinations. She weighed 9 lbs, 15 oz, and is 23 inches long! The doctor was pleased with her weight gain and progress. She is only in the 25th percentile for weight and the 50th for length, but he said that was good because that is also where she was when she was born. He also said that breastfed babies generally tend to be a little smaller than formula fed babies.
After he looked her over and said she was doing great, the nurse came in to give her the shots. I didn't want anything to do with it, so Hays had to hold her still. The nurse gave her two shots in each leg, and she did it really fast, but MA still didn't like it at all! I grabbed her up as soon as the nurse was done, and she stopped crying pretty quickly. I was afraid that she would have a fever or a reaction to the shots, but we gave her some baby Tylenol before and after and she seemed to feel fine! Thank goodness.
She smiles so much these days, and it is probably my favorite thing in the world. Every day at work I miss her so much, and I just can't wait to get my hands on her in the afternoon. I just can't get over what a good, sweet baby she is.
Next weekend we are going to Asheville, NC for my friend Jessica's wedding, and we are taking Margaret Anne. I am sure there will be lots of pictures to post!

No comments: