Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dothan Weekend and The Bachelor Finale!

*****UPDATE! Lincee's posted her Bachelor recap. Hilarious!!!*****

Ok, first let us get this whole "Bachelor" debacle out of the way. I am one of the people who read the spoilers and I was not shocked at what happened last night. Here are my thoughts:
1. Jason is a really bad actor.

2. IF Jason cared about Melissa as much as he said he did, he would have broken up with her someplace other than on national television.

3. IF Melissa had some idea of what was going to happen, which she obviously did because of the way she looked when she first came out on the set, then she should have stayed home. This makes me wonder if this wasn't some elaborate ratings plot that Melissa was in on too.

4. I was way offended that d-bag Jason broke up with Melissa and then was kissing Molly about 10 minutes later. Too soon, too soon. And what does that say to you about Molly's character?

5. I hope Ty doesn't watch that when he gets older and think that is an acceptable way to treat women.

6. I can see now why Jason is divorced.

7. OHCH (Lincee Ray abbreviation for "our host Chris Harrison") should win some sort of award for all of this. And WHY doesn't he have his own show yet? Dude is FUNNY!


Now onto the Dothan weekend. We had a GREAT time! The drive in the bad weather took about 2 hours longer than normal, but it was well worth it. We didn't exactly get to go to the wedding that we had planned to go to, but that is another story in itself, that Hays can blog about if he so chooses. We got to spend lots of quality time with Alan and Sandi, and Grammy and Grampy as well! Sandi and I went on a fabulous Target shopping spree, and let me just say that the Target in Dothan is HANDS DOWN better than the Target here on 280 in Birmingham. Their clothing selection was great. I got some really cute stuff and some things I had really wanted. Some of which were Space Bags and a space heater for my classroom (it can be unreasonably cold at any time of year). The space heater was originally $30 and I got it for $8!! I also found an awesome Dreft pretreater pen to keep in the diaper bag! Target is so much fun, I could stay in there for days.


Sandi bought Margaret Anne a very cute little inflatable duck tub to bathe in at their house, so we tried it out. It worked so well that I got her one for our house too! She is having a little trouble getting used to it, but I think that when she learns that she can sit up easier in there and play with toys that she will love it! Pictures to come...


We also got to drive back in the beautiful snow. It was strange seeing snow falling so hard that far south, but it made for a beautiful drive. The ground was too warm for it to accumulate, so the road conditions weren't scary at all. Here is a view of the snow from the car. This was taken with my BlackBerry so it isn't the best quality!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I agree with everything you said about the bachelor, including the d-bag comment. I think I called him that 100 times last night! You must try the Target in Trussville. It's WAY better than the one on 280. I don't know where y'all live, but if it's near 280, just hop on 459 and exit at Highway 11. There's lots of shopping there!

lg2006 said...

I dont watch the bachelor but after all the drama i have been hearing I wish i did! dang!

lg2006 said...

PS you guys need a Flip Mino vidoe camera. they are so cheap and easy to use and you can get lots of fun videos to send family via email.