Friday, May 22, 2009

Continuation of the Whirlwind

The title is a reference to how I feel this week has been! Meredith and I have been super busy and haven't had much time to decompress, but it has been a fun week for sure. Monday night was Coldplay with Jamie and Trey, which was absolutely fantastic as expected. Made better by the fact that we thought we would be in the middle of the nosebleed section, but ended up sitting in the VIP seats front and center! Complete with tables, chairs, and our own server. I think Meredith was the only person in the venue to order a cheeseburger, but she never got it because it was near the end. I don't know why that was so funny to me, but I know I would have had MANY bites if I had gotten my hands on it. They put on such a great show, and the extreme joy I get from bouncing around and being so close to my wife create a very worshipful moment for me, and that is absolutely the highlight of the night!

Wednesday night we had dinner with lots of friends, and it was especially great to get to catch up with Ladd & Danielle and celebrate their new life together. If you haven't checked out their blog, Davis Worldwide, you definitely need to. It is linked over to the left, and they visited some glorious creation in New Zealand and Australia. Great pictures!

Last night Meredith and I had the pleasure of trying (and actually accomplishing) cleaning the entire house in the hour and a half between work and me going to a men's dinner at church at 6:30. Why is a clean house the most refreshing feeling in the world? Do I sound like a woman? (No sexism intended) At dinner I had the most amazing crawfish etouffee of my life, followed by a speaker who was the executive director for 1st & 5, which is a new foundation for kids formed by Reggie Torbor, former Auburn defensive lineman/linebacker(and Super Bowl ring-wearer might I add). Reggie is now living in Birmingham with his wife and 2 boys, and I really hope I get to meet him sometime because he is a great success story. The purpose of the foundation is to encourage, motivate, and inspire kids with tremendous potential who just need that extra "push". Evidently, Reggie has had tremendous success reaching schoolkids in the Miami-Dade area (I think he plays for the Dolphins now). I hope he has similar success in our community.

Tonight Meredith is having her Cougarettes (high school danceline) spend the night over, so I am going to be sleeping in the rain, or actually crashing on Trey's couch I think. Tomorrow my brother and mom are coming to hang out and play with the baby. I believe Saturday night will be "members only", which is the title Steve dubbed for "guys night out", where we will get together and have a few drinks and talk about manly stuff like sports, chest hair, and toolbelts (yeah, right). Sunday we will gorge ourselves on ribs and all the fixin's, and Monday...NO PLANS!!!! That is liberating to say.

In closing, my dad and Ronnie are wrapping up a 2 week vacation at the beach, which makes me very jealous because I've had to hear about all the great fishing Dad has done without me, but hopefully we can get down there soon. I still can't believe he actually took 2 weeks off! Very unusual, but much needed I'm sure. Of course, all his fishing left Ronnie on Dog Patrol, which is more than a full-time job (right, Ronnie?).

Hopefully at some point this weekend we can upload all the fun pictures we've taken lately. Pictures are more interesting to me! Hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day!

2 comments:

lg2006 said...

Thanks for the link to LAddybears blog! His wife is purty!
I am excited to see cold play after reading all of that!How did you get VIP tix?

Lauren said...

Y'all have been busy! In the future, you better put a picture of sweet MA on the blog!