Friday, August 14, 2009

A love letter on your First Birthday



Today you are ONE. I cannot believe how time has flown. I remember the day you were born just like it was yesterday, even though I was on so many drugs! You were so tiny, and you were SO sweet and perfect. I remember rubbing your tiny little ears and shoulders and kissing your soft sweet head full of hair. You were SO helpless and beautiful. It seems funny now to think about how much we used to feed you and get up with you and how tired we were! Now you go to bed at 7pm and sleep until 6am.
It is amazing how much you can do these days. You can make so many sounds! You like to bark (like Daisy), you say “Mama,” “Dada,” “Nonna,” something that sounds a lot like “yes” and lots of other fun sounds. You scoot around like a little mad woman and pull up on everything that is steady. You love to walk around, but only when you are sure someone is holding you and you DO NOT like to land on your behind. You will eat everything put in front of you, and you love to drink out of your sippy these days! Even though you eat so well, you do not like to get food on your hands! I am so glad that you are feeding yourself now, because I thought for a few months that you may never do it!
You have outgrown your morning nap. That was not fun, but we are over it and we all made it through. You still wake up so happy from your nap!
You are becoming a gorgeous little girl, not a baby anymore. You are so sweet and good when we go places. Now you have teeth (2 on bottom and I think 2 top ones on the way) and a head full of hair that is getting thicker, longer, and more curly by the day! You let me put it in pigtails and put bows in it, and I hope that lasts because it is so fun and you look so precious!
My favorite part of the day with you is in the morning. I love seeing your beautiful smile when I get you out of your crib. I don’t remember the last time you woke up crying, you always wake up so happy. You are SO happy in the mornings!!! It has always been my favorite part of the day. We sit and you babble to me and play with the cross around my neck.
When I sit down in the floor with you, you scoot to me so fast! Then you are climbing on me like a little baby monkey. Sometimes you even pinch my skin to pull up and stand. You LOVE to give me big, sloppy kisses on my cheeks and chin. I would take all of the slobber, bumps, and bruises in the world to have you want to be near me, because I know that a time will come later on when you don’t always want to be close to me!
Although you are my precious daughter, I know that you don’t truly belong to me or daddy, but to our Heavenly Father. I am so thankful and grateful to God that He is loaning you to us for a little while. You are a precious gift, and you are the joy of my life. I know that your daddy feels the same way. Thank you for being YOU, because you are perfect the way that you are. I look forward to all the years that the Lord allows me to spend with you!

Love,
Mama

11 comments:

Unknown said...

I second that! Couldn't have said it better myself ;)

lg2006 said...

That made me cry! I cant believe it has been a year already!
Happy Birthday MA!

KATIE said...

Aw Latimer.. that was just too sweet! Can't wait to see her again :)

The Jernigan's said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! That was toooooo sweet. I have a big fat tear rolling down my face.

Bre said...

So sweet and so true. They are truly a gift from God and being a mommy is the best!! The days are long, but the years are short. I'm sorry I wont be there Sunday, because of the tea but I cant wait to see pics. The kids will be there.

The Skippers said...

Happy Birthday MA! We miss you guys. What a beautiful letter and beautiful girl. I can't believe how big she is getting!

Lauren said...

Happy Birthday MA! Such a sweet letter!

Anonymous said...

Oh Latimer that is just too sweet! I hope she had a great birthday. I can't wait to see her again. She is ADORABLE!

Love,
J-Dog

Anna said...

Meredit, that was so sweet. I have big tears in my eyes!! MA is precious- Haooy Birthday sweet girl!!

Loren said...

Seriously, Meredith, I just teared up. Happy Birthday to Margaret Anne! Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Hey Mrs. Latimer! This is Olivia and Karlie, we were stalking your blog and just wanted to say hey! This is so sweet and MA is adorable! See you at school :)
love ya!