Sunday, August 23, 2009

Stokin' the Fire and a lake visit

We have had a wonderful, busy weekend! Friday night we went to "Stokin' the Fire," which is the annual barbecue festival here in Birmingham. Our friend Elaine had lots of family members competing, so we went to hang out and see the sights. There was a lot to see. Unfortunately we didn't bring our camera anywhere with us this weekend, so I had to "bum" some pics from my friends. Here we are at the festival: notice that BF #1 (Charlie) is trying his hardest to get to MA.

On Saturday I had the luxury of getting my hair done (I LOVE getting my hair done), and afterwards we loaded up and headed to the lake to hang out with friends Lindsey and Michael. I started working with Lindsey several years ago when she started choreographing for my dancers, and we have become good friends. She is a WONDERFUL choreographer and a great role model for my girls! Margaret Anne likes her a lot, and her husband Michael too. We all went to Auburn, but didn't meet until we were in Birmingham.

Lindsey, Margaret Anne, and me


Margaret Anne and Michael.



Just Chillin' on the boat.

Don't worry Mom, we were right there, the boat was stopped, and the life jacket was removed for picture purposes!!!!

3 comments:

margaret said...

I love the way you can read my mind!!!

Lauren said...

We've always wanted to go to Stokin' the Fire! Looks like y'all had fun. MA is too cute in her swimsuit!

lg2006 said...

I love how you left your mom a note! Also I know Michael and Lindsey too! He rented an apt from my office in AU! Super sweet couple and small world!