Monday, January 14, 2008

BIG News!!!!

Well, some of you may have been wondering why I haven't blogged in so long. The truth is, we have been keeping a BIG secret for about 5 weeks now, and we are so excited to be able to let it out!

Yes! We are having a BABY!!! We are so excited! I am nine weeks pregnant, and my due date is August 18th. We were so surprised at first, but we feel so blessed and happy about our new family member. We had our first ultrasound today, and we heard a strong heartbeat and saw the beginning of little arms and legs. Everything is going really well, and we honestly could not be happier.

And YES, that really is a baby in the pictures. I know it looks a little like a bean, or a peanut, but we saw a wonderful heartbeat! We are calling it Bud until we find out the sex. So please keep Hays, Bud, and me in your prayers. I have not been feeling well (all the usual pregnancy symptoms), and I am anxiously awaiting the end of this first trimester, because everyone says I will feel better then. So sorry I have been pretty lame lately, but it has been so hard keeping the secret and since I have been so sick it has been hard to go anywhere, but we will become more social now!

7 comments:

Anna said...

Congrats! We are so happy for yall! Ben told me he got a text from Hays and I had to check the blog. Yea for Baby Latimer!

kristy said...

Hi Meredith,
Hays sent me and a few others from the old Ameriprise office, an e-mail letting us know the big news. Congratulations!!! Children are such a blessing, and this child will be especially blessed to be born to such great parents. Payton and I will be praying for you and "Bud" during the next 8 months.
God Bless,
Kristy Patterson
(Hays also sent us your blog address, just in case you were wondering how I found your blog) :)

Anonymous said...

I promised you I'd comment so...
I would say congratulations, talk about how blessed you are, and all that. But I won't. All I will say is that this never would have happened if you weren't such a slut.

I'm kidding. I've never loved you more and I will pray for you and Bud (and Hays and maybe even Daisy) every day. Besides, Bud is my cousin!

The Skippers said...

We can't wait to meet Bud! What lucky little thing it is. We love yall!

Fran and Phillip

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!! What's a blog?

lg2006 said...

Oh Neato! I was so surprised! I cant wait to see you guys as parents. I Am sorry you have been sick! That was the one question I forgot to ask you!

Anonymous said...

Meredith, I knew it! When you and Hays ran out of the Office Christmas dinner, I turned to Vaughn and said do you think they are pregnant? Well, I am so happy for you both! I can't wait to get tips for my pregnancy one day! Have a great day and talk with you soon!

Stacey Sparks