Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Another week closer!

Yesterday I went to the doctor and there is a little progress, but not much. The doctor seems to think I will be ready for an induction at 39 weeks if I haven't gone before then, and that is music to my ears! That would be sometime during the week of August 11th. Unfortunately, he also told me that he was going out of town during my 38th week! My plan is to have her before or after that, but her plan could be a little different, so we'll see! I will not be starting back to work before she is born, (I had planned to try to start the school year) so that is some very good news! I told the Doc I was NOT comfortable with him leaving at that time and I wanted to ask him if he was going to a bar mitzvah in San Diego, but I wasn't sure if he would get that movie reference so I kept it to myself!
Alot has been done around here in the past week, so at least I will feel good about the house being mostly ready for her arrival. I was able to get my lesson plans done for the time I will be away from school, and that is a major relief! Also, we (meaning Hays) hung a few more things on the wall in the nursery, as I was finally able to get the magazine rack from Pottery Barn that I REALLY wanted, and now it is hanging on the wall with several of her little books in it. I will post pics soon, I promise, we are just waiting for 2 more things to put in there.
I feel the need to say this about my husband... I could not have married a man who would put up with my crap more than Hays does. He has been SO wonderful and seems to understand the fact that when I feel like something needs to be done, it needs to be done NOW. He seems to really get this "nesting" thing, either that or he just doesn't want to hear me nag him all of the time. I don't know of anyone else who would be okay with spending their Friday night hanging shelves. He has been really great throughout this whole thing, and without him here, there is NO WAY I would have made it through this. So thanks Hays, for everything! If he is this good with me, I know he will be an awesome dad.

2 comments:

AEMcPherson said...

Maybe Margaret Anne and Aunt Mandy will have the same birthday!!
Hope you're feeling well!! Love you!

Mitzi said...

Looking forward to seeing the nursery pictures. Glad you don't have to start school.