Thursday, July 10, 2008

Many Goings On...

We have been extremely busy, therefore unmotivated to blog. Which is a bit discouraging because this has been a very exciting and different time in our lives! Meredith has now had 4 of her 5 (that's right, 5!) baby showers, and the last one is on Sunday. Thank you from both of us to everyone who has supported us in one way or another. All of you are greatly appreciated! We have both been working hard lately and haven't had much energy for else. We have been that anti-social married couple that no one ever sees, but it hasn't been because we don't want to see anyone; we are just TIRED!!! Meredith's birthday was yesterday, and I hope she will enjoy the ripe ol' age of 29. Her folks came into town, and we had lunch at Macaroni Grill (thank God, not Olive Garden. I could spent a whole day complaining about Olive Garden). She got a 1-hour prenatal massage and an Edgar's strawberry cake from her hubby, a $55 gift cert to Fusion Spa from Alan and Sandi, and an assortment of cash, cards, and night gowns from parents, in-laws, and grandparents. We love you guys!!! It is hard to believe that we have only 5 1/2 weeks until Margaret Anne's due date, and while it is ever-approaching, I feel like it is crawling here. All I can think about is what she will be like, and the fact that she came from us! Yesterday I was thinking about how absolutely blessed we have been through the entire pregnancy. It has always been fascinating to me how different people have different struggles throughout their lives. Have you ever found yourself looking at someone else and thinking "Man, they have it great because ________"? I know that I have been guilty of that many times in my life. But when you step away from the microscope, we all have our bumps and bruises, and no one is doing as well as they seem, or as well as they would have you believe. My point in saying this is because we all have experiences that shape who we are (whether we like it or not), and I feel like that the past 8 months have been one of the most special and memorable times for me/us. Whether tragic or joyous, there are events that bring families closer together, and fortunately this time, ours has been joyous. My encouragement to everyone (if anyone still reads) is to be thankful for what you have, because after all it is yours!

6 comments:

lg2006 said...

Aw Hays! You are so cute! That was really sweet. I know you guys have had a lot of fun waiting on MAL,
The shower invitation is so cute btw! Where are you guys registered?
I cant BELIEVE its just 5 weeks away. Pretty rad.
Happy Birthday to you both!

Anonymous said...

Now that was just precious. It's great that you realize how lucky you are. You should print out that blog, and whenever you feel frustrated, read it again.

And tell Meri happy birthday! I will try to call this weekend.

Beth

ml said...

Margaret Anne sure is going to LOVE her Daddy!

The Hill Hangout said...

I can't believe that I came across your blog! I used to babysit Hays when he was a little boy. You guys lived down the street from us on Appian Way in Dothan. You were a sweet little boy. I am glad to see that things are going well for you. Congratulations on your little girl. We just had our second girl in November. They are so much fun! Ashley Mills Hill at ashleymhill@hotmail.com

The Bucklers said...

Great post!! I am glad Margaret Anne will have this "journal" when she is old enough to understand. :)

Anonymous said...

You write very well.