Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Getting closer to the end...

I know I haven't posted in a while, which may make some of you uninterested in checking out the blog often, but there honestly has been so much to do and so little energy for me to do it that it has taken a while to get back here, but here I am!
I had the last of my baby showers on Sunday, and it was SO nice. I am so thankful to have so many friends and family to support Hays, Margaret Anne, and myself. We received some beautiful and much needed items, and I am so appreciative of everyone. THANK YOU from the bottom of our hearts!
I had my first of my weekly doctor's appointments yesterday, and everything looks good, despite all of my swelling and complaining! The doctor did find some time to make fun of my "monster feet," which I appreciate. Nothing exciting is happening yet, and being only 35 weeks I am glad, because I still have a LOT to do. It's almost time to pack that hospital bag!
It is so funny because I feel like I have been pregnant forever, but I can't believe I am finally rounding that home stretch. I wonder if I have taken the time to fully enjoy being pregnant, because as much as I have been tired and complain-ey it really hasn't been bad. I do love the fact that she is always with me, and her little motions inside remind me that she is there when I happen to forget for even a second. But I just can't wait to look at her face and hold her in my arms, and to watch her with her daddy, which I think will be the most precious part of my life, and I think it will be so special to watch their relationship develop. Everyone says that I will miss being pregnant, and now that I am nearing the end I think they might be right. I am going to try to enjoy these last few weeks while I wait for her to get here. I know that they will pass quickly.
The good news is that I don't have to work for a few more weeks, besides preparing my lesson plans, so that will be very helpful in giving me time to prepare and rest. I hope to have pics up of the nursery soon, just waiting on a few little things.

4 comments:

Bre said...

I enjoyed the shower and I'm sorry I had to leave early. Your blog made me sad. You will miss feeling her inside you, but that is the only part I miss. I was soooo sick and miserable with Bentley that it ruined me. However, I think God did that on purpose because sometime I think; am I really done? Then I remember how I felt and I think there is no way I could go thorough that again and take care of 2 little ones all day :) We are so excited for you two and the unconditional love you will feel for that precious angel. They are true miracles and gifts from God!!

Unknown said...

I want her here now!!!

lg2006 said...

Good Post Mere! I didnt even think about you could feel her move now! How cool! I cant wait to meet her!

The Bucklers said...

Enjoy these last few weeks! You probably will miss being pregnant when she is born, because it is magical to feel those sweet angels inside of us and, as you say, to always have them with us. The good news is that you will be able to kiss her, love on her, look into her eyes, and enjoy holding her in your arms, and Hays can do the same. It is all magical and all a miracle!! We are thinking about and praying for you in these last weeks....