Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Randomness

I thought I should update you all a little bit on what has been going on with the Latimers. Truth is, its not much! This past weekend was really fun and busy, and right now we are keeping our dogniece Chloe. Oh how I love her. The only thing about Chloe is that she is SO needy. As a Springer spaniel, you would think that she would be the type of dog that would love to go exploring, hop in the creek behind our house, and be very independent. Chloe is the opposite of that. She doesn't like to be out of sight range, can't stand water, and even panics when she thinks you may remove her "jingles" (a.k.a. collar). She stares at the door until everyone is at home and then she stares at the stairs wondering when someone may come down, and she gets VERY nervous when one of us is upstairs and one is downstairs. When we do happen to come downstairs, she barks as if she has never seen us before. When she is ready to go to bed, she sits and stares at you until you go get in the bed, because she can't go by herself.
She is so sweet and when we get home, she puts her paws around your waist to hug you and buries her head into your stomach. If for some reason I may have to go back out to the car and come in again, she does it again like she hasn't even seen me! Since Alan and Sandi haven't called to check on her, I think we may just keep her. FOREVER.
Margaret Anne has been so fun lately! Hays' previous post was right... dinner time is the best time! She loves to eat and gets really antsy waiting on the spoon to get to her mouth, she often tries to grab it and the bowl. She smiles so much, but unfortunately it is hard to get pictures of her smiling because as soon as she sees the camera she stares at it like she has never seen it before, and the smile is lost. This morning she got up with Hays and played in her jumperoo while he snoozed on the couch, and when he woke up she was fast asleep in there, head slumped over to one side. I guess she just played herself out!
I hope everyone is doing well keeping up with their New Year's resolutions. I have only one, and that is to lose this baby weight by swimsuit season. We'll see how it goes. I tried the South Beach diet a couple of years ago, and it worked really well but I HATED Phase 1. I am going to see how I can do on my own, and if it doesn't start coming off, it will be South Beach again for me! Do any of you have resolutions this year?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mine is also to lose weight. Unlike you, I have no sweet baby to blame it on - only my own laziness. Also resolved to buy a condo. I figure I'm almost 30, so I should really own SOMETHING besides Mollypuppy.