Sunday, January 25, 2009

Household Celebrity Encounter!!

We helped host an engagement party for Natalie & Scott last night at none other than Dave Baird's house! For those of you not in Birmingham (or probably from some in B'ham who don't watch the news), Dave Baird & Brenda Ladun are the anchors for the 6 and 10 o'clock weekday news on ABC 33/40, which is without question the top news channel in Birmingham. He even had 2 Emmy awards on display in his house. How cool is that?! Also, his wife Susan is an artist, and Alan & Sandi have like 5 or 6 of her paintings. When we told her that, shw knew exactly who they were and said they were one of her TOP clients. What a prestigious title! Anways, Meredith was dying to get our picture made with him, so i grabbed him and said "Mr. Baird, my wife really wantd to get our picture made with you", but secretly I did too! He was super nice and we talked for a long time. I thought it was funny because someone called him "The Velvet Voice of the South". If only I had a description like that...Most of all I wanted to hear him do Ron Burgundy impressions, but I'm not sure he would have gone for it.


2 comments:

Lauren said...

We love Dave and Brenda! Dave is Lauren Parkman's uncle and was at her wedding and we were star struck. Haha! He said Sipsey was cute and we were beside ourselves. Y'all are lucky to get a picture. Margaret Anne is growing up quickly. She's a doll!

meredith said...

This reminds me of the time I stalked Scott Richards from Fox 6 at the IHOP in B'ham many many years ago! Love it!

~Meredith Nailen Agan