Sunday, January 11, 2009

Spare Time is at a Premium

I've spent the last few weeks occasionally checking the blog in an attempt to motivate me to write something, but it just hasn't been there. Is there a computer program that can just blog your thoughts without any real effort going into it? I hope not, because I would probably scare everyone away within the first few sentences. I also hope I'm not the only person who thinks that about themselves! Do you ever stop and say to yourself, "If anyone knew that I just thought that, I would need to leave the country", or something to that effect? I'm glad that just has to be between me and God, and usually Meredith if she is an unfortunate bystander. But I digress... We have had an action-packed life beginning somewhere around the week of Christmas. I never thought I would use the adjective "action-packed" when i am in pajamas by 7:00 at night :). I worked Monday and Tuesday of Christmas week, and Wednesday morning we jetted up to Gadsden to do Christmas with Meredith's family. There is something about Meredith's parents house that makes me chronically sleepy. Maybe that is one of the few places I can REALLY unwind, or maybe there is just an undetected gas leak that leads to low oxygen, which leads to me falling asleep. We had a wonderful Christmas, and ate alot, which is no surprise. On Friday I left Gadsden for Mobile/Biloxi for Ladd's bachelor party at the Beau Rivage. It was pretty cool, because he had no idea we were taking him, and when he showed up at his camphouse, we were all standing around waiting for him! Also, Eudy and I went fishing out there and had an awesome time...lots of fish. Biloxi was awesome; that's all you need to know about it. It is poor bachelor party ettiquette to give too many details. When I returned from Biloxi, it seemed that MA had discovered that she could make noise ON PURPOSE, so while she was playing, she would just scream at the top of her lungs, which was hilarious for about 7 minutes, then got a little excessive. One of the best things about having a child is watching them discover that they can do something that they couldn't do yesterday. Truly amazing. NYE was spent in Dothan at Alan & Sandi's, and we had a terrific dinner at the DCC with them and my parents. We rang in the New Year in the "hospital bed" position on Alan & Sandi's couch, which is not a sitting position or a laying position; more that in-between slouch where you are too lazy to sit up, but if you lay down you can't see the TV. Once again, I hope I'm not the only person who does this. The weekend following New Years was spent mostly doing laundry and deep cleaning our house. Where does this stuff come from? After that, things get kind of hazy because work began. Well, I have now over-blogged and we are leaving for dinner. I have to equip the diaper bag. Bye!

1 comment:

lg2006 said...

You guys have been busy! MA looks JUST like you hays and she makes your same faces! that one where she has food on her face and is looking all serious is totally a HAZER face. ha
hooray for ladd!