Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend Update

This has been the most relaxing weekend in recent or even distant memory. WHEW...I didn't realize how much I/we needed one of these. We have really done next to nothing, and it is everything I hoped it would be. Friday night after work we cleaned the house (which is an unusual time to do that for us), but it was nice to have a clean carpet, especially since there were Chloe hairballs all over the place! We dogsat for Alan & Sandi while they were in Vegas doing fun stuff like meeting Jessica Biel at the Bellagio bar(Alan did)! On the weekends I usually get up early (5 am or so) and let Meredith sleep in because that's really the only time she can ever sleep in, and it is so much fun watching MA in the mornings when she is well-rested and energetic. She likes to get in her Jumperoo and watch Baby Einstein while I lay on the couch and pretend like I'm sleeping. I usually wish I was sleeping, but those mornings are great. Oh, also on Friday night we watched Tropic Thunder, which I thought was hysterical! Tom Cruise moved up one notch in my book, which promotes him from creepiest guy in the world to creepiest guy in the world who had a hilarious role in a comedy. Is that an Oscar category? If not, he will never win one. He's just not that good! Anyone agree? Saturday morning we went grocery shopping at Wal-Mart. It amazes me how much cheaper Wal-Mart is even compared to Winn-Dixie. Our groceries were $63. The same stuff would have been pushing $100 at WD! I am all about the deal, so I don't mind buying my groceries from a company that gives their employees crappy benefits. Yesterday we went to church and then went to Macy's to spend Meredith's gift card, which of course was spent on...Margaret Anne! Today I haven't done much more than bathe Daisy and eat a serving of pancakes that was "recommended" for 3 people. Meredith's mom should be here any minute to stay the night. She has a workshop in town tomorrow. I refuse to think about tomorrow, or the rest of the week for that matter. I'll worry about that later!

No comments: