Monday, October 12, 2009

Champions of Hope 2009

Before I show pictures from this year's race, I just want to say how proud I am of Sandi for what she started last year. This year's race was great and raised a lot of money for women in the Wiregrass region to get great care for breast cancer. Sandi is a true "Champion of Hope!"





We all got AWESOME glitter tattoos, even Margaret Anne!



Someone fell asleep around mile 2!

Sandi has some incredible friends! These two girls, Chris and Kara, came all the way from Indianapolis and were a BLAST!







Margaret Anne did a little back up dancing for Wesley Cook!


Sandi, last year's chairperson, crowning this year's chairperson, Kelli Cundith.
SO many inspiring women!

3 comments:

Lauren said...

What a great post. It looks like y'all had a very large turnout! Congrats. Sandi sounds like an incredible person. If I had been in Dothan, I definitely would have participated!

The Skippers said...

Looks like a great turn out. The dress looks awesome! I hope that I can participate next year. Sandi is so cool.

grizaham said...

Its pretty amazing. I ran in the race for the cure last sat here in Nash and there were prob 10K peeps there.. It felt good.
;-)