Monday, September 28, 2009

Project Runway: Baby Edition

I told you all that I have a new (to me) sewing machine, and I have been itching to use it! Saturday night Jamie invited me over to have a little "sit and sew." I was in need of a little sewing wisdom and Jamie had a lot to offer!!!!  She was such a good teacher because she showed me what to do without doing it for me, and was patient and helpful when I did something wrong. When I left her house, I had almost finished this:



This dress is for her to wear to the Champions of Hope 5K in Dothan. I saw the fabric and knew that it would be perfect for Margaret Anne to show her support in!

And then yesterday, I was so excited, I made a little modification (ribbons instead of buttons) and made this, which I LOVE and I think MA does too!

Don't you just LOVE the harvest toille? I know I do! I hope to make some more creations soon. Next up: An orange and blue dress. War Eagle THAT!

9 comments:

lg2006 said...

Mere - First of all those are really great pics!!
2nd - Those dresses are awesome. I love the fall one. You are totally gonna be addicted.
3rd- Fabric can be $$ so make sure to always check remnant bins and flea markets etc. Etsy sells fabric scraps too!
4th. I LUUURRVE her pigtails. She is so dang cute

The Skippers said...

Those are the cutest dresses!

Anonymous said...

I had no idea you sew!! Why am I just learning this information? How cute would that dress be with an orange monogram??! I am still waiting to hear about those shirts... I'll keep you posted.

Alyson

Unknown said...

Alyson, I promise that this is a new development and she will be nothing short of addicted!

ml said...

Thanks you guys! Y'all are the best! If anyone wants to "commission" a dress from me let me know!
And Alyson, I DO think that would be presh with an orange monogram, WHEREVER could I get one??

Bre said...

Good for you! Too cute. I saw the fall toile fabric at Joann's the other day and thought it was adorable. MA looks precious!

Anonymous said...

I just happen to know someone! Call me and I'll get it from you. It would not take long at all.

Alyson

Lauren said...

You are too good! Are those Lucys? I might steal the Fall toile idea! I have never thought about adding bows to the tops. I've been slacking on sewing lately. I get in the groove for awhile and then I stop for awhile. Good luck and have fun at the Champions of Hope this weekend!

No Longer Newlyweds. said...

Hey.
Thanks for the comment. I'm sure I will look back and realize how WORTH it this pregnancy is...but, right now, I can't focus on that. And, I'm not getting a lot of family support...so I feel all alone in this journey...which makes it worse.
The dress is adorable. Be careful advertising like that...I might hire you if I have a girl. =)