Friday, March 5, 2010

Typical Day in the Life of a Working Mama

Over at Kelly's Korner she is hosting a "show us your life" on what your typical day is like. I like this one, because my days are SO predictable and so NOT predictable!
Here goes:
5:20am - My alarm goes off. I hit snooze at least twice.
5:40am- Shower, get out, get dressed
6:05am- When I get out of the shower I can hear Margaret Anne babbling in the background. After I get dressed, I make her milk and snuggle a little while and she drinks her milk.
6:15am - Daddy gets up, comes in, gets MA dressed and brushes her teeth while I fix my hair and put on my makeup. They go downstairs to watch Blue's Clues and Hays usually starts my car and makes me a coffee. He is AWESOME!
6:40am - Leave for work and Granvon's house. MA usually watches Praise Baby on the way there.
7:10am - Arrive at Granvon's, kiss my baby bye bye. She loves Granvon and is never upset about this :)
7:15am - Arrive at school, get my things ready for the day.
7:45am- Bell rings, I am bombarded by students. Every day is very much alike and very different at the same time. There is NO WAY to predict what will happen in a typical day at CCHS!
3:00pm - Final bell rings and I wrap things up in my classroom and attempt to clean my desk off a little.
3:30pm - Arrive at Granvon's. MA is usually happy to see me!
4:15pm - Arrive home. Mama/daughter play time! Sometimes I get dinner going during this time, too.
5:30pm - Dinner time for Margaret Anne. Daddy usually gets home while she eats dinner. Then he gets her bath ready. Bath time is Daddy's fun time with MA. During her bath I either a)sit and relax or b) get ready for Pure Barre.
6:00pm - MA loves to watch Dora, then Diego Mama and Daddy play with her during this time, too (unless I am at PB)
7:00pm - Bedtime. This has become so fun lately because Margaret Anne loves to cuddle before bedtime, when she didn't used to like to snuggle at all.
After bedtime, Hays and I are usually starving and we eat if we didn't get to while Margaret Anne was eating. Then we settle in for our fave TV shows, which means I usually end up falling asleep on the couch at about 8:30.

This is my most typical day. Today, for example, is not typical and I will be going to judge a dance tryout right after school, so Hays will be picking MA up from daycare, and hopefully I will be home before she goes to bed. During tryouts, there were several nights that I didn't even get to lay eyes on her after school and that was pretty sad. I will tell you though, I feel like I really appreciate the time that I am able to spend with her! Summers and breaks are much appreciated and enjoyed!

5 comments:

M. Congleton said...

I have loved reading all the day in the life post....sounds like work my day too. I'm sure I'll be waking up at 4:00 am to get 2 girls ready for school!!!
Who is Grandvon?

M. Congleton said...

oh yea....and a big CONGRATS on the 15 lbs weight loss!!! AWESOME!! i'm still working on loosing my baby weight from 2006!maybe I need some pure barre!

ml said...

Hey Mal! Granvon is Yvonne, the lady who keeps MA. The kids call her Granvon!

lg2006 said...

Now that is a BUSY day!

Melissa said...

So glad to know that I'm not the only mama who can't stay awake past 8:30! Enjoyed reading about your day, both as a fellow teacher and mom!