Saturday, August 14, 2010

To My Big Girl

Margaret Anne,
Today you are two years old. I cannot believe it has been 2 years since you came into our world. You are definitely not a baby any more. You are developing such a wonderful personality and showing us how independent you can be. You melt my heart every day. I can't believe how much you've changed!

August 14, 2008

Your one year picture

Two years old!

Right now you are amazing me with your ability to learn and put together words! When I picked you up from daycare on Thursday, you ran up to me and said "MOMMY, I POO POO!" And you sure had! Whew! I think potty training will be in your near future. You say things like "Sorry, Daddy" if you think you've done something to be sorry for. When I walked down the stairs the other morning, ready for my first day with students, you said "Purdy Mommy!" You just always know how to be SO sweet! You make me laugh in the car, because you always want to hear music, and you always want to dance! If we are listening to the radio and the song ends, another one better come on quickly or Mommy has to turn on the iPod, because you won't stop saying "Mommy? Dance! Pease!" These days you are digging some Michael Jackson.
You are completely obsessed with your tea set right now and we are having tea and coffee and cake (Thank you Fran, Phillip, and Lucy!) all of the time. You love to have tea with me, but especially with Daddy. I think Daddy likes to have tea with you too.
You love to see your friends. When we are on our way to daycare, you call out Granvon's name and all of your daycare friends' names, too. When we pull up to see Charlie or Thomas, you always call out their names and get so excited!
Your words are getting so much clearer. You say "Granvon" instead of "Ga-ga" and "Elmo" instead of "Belbo," and I can't decide if that makes me happy or sad. I'm glad you can speak clearly but sad that you are losing your babyness.
Margaret Anne, you have such a sweet heart. You are a beautiful little girl, inside and out. You show us every day how your love is unconditional and unlimited. I see so much of God's grace in you. When I do something I shouldn't, you forgive me and understand without question. So does our Lord, and I know He has placed you in our lives for many reasons, and showing me His love for me and you is just one of those reasons. I have a much better understanding of His love for us, his children, because my love for you grows exponentially each day. I am so grateful for you, my precious daughter. Daddy and I love you so much.

Happy Birthday!
Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

Melissa said...

A beautiful tribute to a beautiful little girl! Happy Birthday, Margaret Anne! Two is so much fun!

lg2006 said...

Dang Mere, that made me tear up! So sweet! Happy Birthday to her! Hope you guys are having a fun day!

M. Congleton said...

Awwww!Happy Birthday Margaret Anne!
have a great day celebrating her birthday.
hope your school year is going well.