Thursday, November 15, 2007

Date Night



Lately (well, since the school year started) Hays and I have been having trouble making time for each other. We spend lots of time at home together, yes, but not really "quality time." Most of it involves me watching recorded episodes of "Oprah" and "The Hills" or "The Bachelor," and Hays playing Wii. While I think it is COMPLETELY important that Hays and I indulge in some time for ourselves, no matter how trivial it may seem, we have kind of gotten out of that habit of trying to make an effort to spend some time with each other. We both devote so much time and energy to our jobs that when we get home we just want to relax!

Because of this, Hays came up with the idea of Date Night. We have decided that once a week, no matter what, we are going to catch up with each other and spend some of that much needed quality time together! Our first date is tomorrow night, and I am so excited.


I was watching one of those DVR'd Oprah episodes yesterday and Oprah was showing great love stories. I think the thing that struck me about every story was that people talk about how they really WORK at keeping their relationship alive and showing each other how much they care, and that it is in the "little things" that happen each day. I feel like so many people expect magic and for everything to fall into place, and it doesn't. It is real work, and it is so worth it for what you get in return.


The picture in this post is our very first date (taken by Laura G), and every time I see it I remember how excited I was to go on that date and how lucky I felt to be out with such a great man! And the amazing thing is, he is so much more wonderful than I ever imagined.

2 comments:

AEMcPherson said...

I know why Hays asked you out on a second date - your boobs were HUGE that night!
Happy Thanksgiving - tell the fam I said hi! Love you!

lg2006 said...

I remember that night!! You are right, all good relationships take EFFORT and its sad when people dont see that!