Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The National Peanut Festival

Well, the Peanut Festival was all I expected it to be and MORE! As soon as we got to Dothan, we threw Daisy in Alan and Sandi's house and left to go straight to the festivities. As we drove up, there were MANY flashing lights on the rides and attractions and Alan almost wrecked because he got so excited. We met up with several people who are friends with Alan and Sandi, and they were SO nice. We had trouble deciding if we should eat first or ride rides. We were all starving, and there was so much food, but lots of the rides spun around pretty fast and we were scared we would either eat and be sick or not eat then be too sick to eat. So we decided to get a snack so that we wouldn't be hungry and then ride the rides!

I have to say that these were the best "pop up rides" that I have ever been on. Hays wasn't feeling good (I think he was faking), so I had to ride most of the rides with Alan and Sandi. The first one was a little iffy, it was fun, but if it had lasted longer I definitely would have gotten sick. It was like a pendulum where the end spins around. The second one was called the "Ring of Fire" and it was just a big loop that went around, but stopped at the top to let you hang upside down. This one was the one I wanted to do most, but it was so scary! I got on with Alan and right off the bat, the bar across my legs was not tight enough! It was tight on Alan, but not me, so I was completely convinced that I was falling out of this ride almost the whole time. I had on gloves and my hands kept slipping from the bar I was holding and I thought I was going to fall... then I realized when the ride was almost over that we were basically in a cage and there was no way I could have fallen out, but it sure felt like I was coming out of my seat, so my brother was trying to hold me in the whole time.

The best ride was the "Mega Drop." It was a big free fall. Hays even rode this one! Sandi had stopped riding, but we talked her into doing this one with us and she loved it too! It's funny how scared some people are of the rides. Most of the guys didn't even want to do it, but we talked them into it, and they loved it.

After the rides, we went to experience some lovely fried creations. The first was a corn dog from "the corn dog man." It was definitely the best corn dog I've ever tasted. Then we tried the thing that I was the most excited about... a FRIED SNICKERS! It was SO good! Very rich, but yummy. Hays and I shared both of these, by the way, to cut some of the fat content! Hays also had fried oreos, but I tried them and I liked the Snickers better.

When we got back to the house, Daisy was very upset. I am pretty sure that after the way we put her in the house and left, she thought we were gone for good. She was shaking and wouldn't come out of her crate. I finally coaxed her out and put her in the bed, and she calmed down after a good long belly rub.

There are NO pictures from the Peanut Festival, I was scared my camera would get broken on the rides so I didn't take it in. I will put up more pictures soon though!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In my defense, it was better to not ride than to give the guy beside me a barbecue sweater! The Mega Drop was awesome though...

ml said...

Whatever Hays! You were CHICKEN!