Monday, November 5, 2007

Surprise!


This past weekend was SO much fun. First of all, my brother and his wife (Alan and Sandi) came to Birmingham to stay with us on Friday night and watch my girls in their last halftime performance of the year. The seniors were SO sad. :(

Saturday we all drove to Gadsden to throw my mother a surprise 60th birthday party. We were so nervous that it wouldn't go well, but it was awesome!

First, my godparents took Mom and Dad out to lunch so we could get in the house to get ready, then Carmela, my godmother called to let me know they were gone. We were off! I was crazy, my uncle said, acting like a "wedding planner," but I was so nervous that they would get back and we wouldn't be done. Our family was there - My aunt and uncle, grandmother, granddad, Alan, Sandi, Hays, me, and all of the dogchildren, too! The plan was to have everything ready when she got home and let my mom think that we were the only surprise! We hid our cars, of course, and she came in, and we yelled Surprise! and I think we scared her a little, but she was surprised. We had all the food set up in the dining room, and I wouldn't let her in there... so she knew something else was up! Then, one by one, her friends began to arrive, and she was so shocked! They brought gifts, sang to mom, and then the family stayed for a long time. I think she enjoyed it!
The picture is of the family after the long day and several glasses of wine! Sandi's hair is growing back beautifully!

1 comment:

lg2006 said...

That is a great pic! You and Hazer look awesome! I miss ya'll! cant wait to see pics from the peanut festival!