Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Date Night and Flower Child!


Meredith and I got as wild as a Monday night gets this week! After work, we had dinner at Jackson's in Homewood with Ladd and Danielle. The food was good, and the conversation even better. I'm not sure why I enjoy conversations so much more than I used to, but for some reason I do. We got to hear all about their wedding plans, and the trials and tribulations that go along with it. It reminded me of planning our wedding, which I am glad I will never have to do again! After dinner, we went to see Amos Lee at Workplay Theatre in downtown Birmingham, and he was spectacular. Some musicians are just meant to be heard live, and he is one of them. I have always enjoyed his music, but even more now that I have seen him perform. It is nice to be able to hear a musician share their faith in God through music, and that is one theme I noticed throughout the entire show. My only complaint has nothing to do with the band, more so with the drunk chick next to me who thought it was appropriate to giggle, whisper, and act like a complete moron during the most quiet, intimate moments of the show. That, and how random people in the crowd feel that it is appropriate to yell out the song they want to hear during a 15 second break between songs. This creates a snowball effect of sorts where others in the crowd feel it is appropriate to do this, and the end result sounds like 20 different people shouting different songs from all 3 of the artist's albums. Could I get rich creating a concert ettiquette manual? Probably not, but I might do it anyway. Get a clue people! You are not at a Green Day concert! Awesome night, and it reaffirms my thoughts that music is without question my "outlet", my way to throw off stress and focus on something that moves me.


Without further ado, here is the latest picture of my flower love-child baby!

3 comments:

lg2006 said...

I would buy that book! I would love to see Amos! I am glad you guys are getting so much date time lately that is awesome. MA is really growing!

Lydia said...

MA is such a cutie!!!!

The Bucklers said...

Precious picture! And Amos IS amazing!! You are right ~ definitely meant to be heard LIVE!