Monday, November 17, 2008

Pet Peeves

So today as I was at work I started thinking about pet peeves that I have. Do you ever have something that makes you SO annoyed every time it happens? I will be the first to admit that I have several irrational pet peeves. Here are just a few. And by the way, if you have ever committed one of these pet peeves without knowing it bothers me, I'm not mad at you! I will be the first to admit that this is totally irrational and I definitely don't hold a grudge.

My pet peeves:
1. Getting hit in the head or accidentally banging my head on something. This makes me angry to the point of shaking.
2. When someone spells my name "Merideth" instead of Meredith. This seems to bother Hays even more than it bothers me. Every time we get a piece of mail addressed to "Merideth" he goes on a five minute rant.
3. Tracy Chapman and Natalie Merchant songs. Strange yes, I know, but they are like fingernails on a chalkboard to me.
4. When students continue to talk when I am talking, like I am not even there(this has only become a problem this year. Times, they are a-changin)!
5. When I open a cabinet and multiple pieces of Tupperware tumble out, due to the way they are just thrown into the cabinet. Not just Hays' fault, I do it too and then get ticked off about it later.
6. Use of the word "irregardless." This one has been mentioned before. IT IS NOT A WORD! It negates itself!
7. When I know people read the blog, yet they never comment! Hays and I like to know who is out there reading and what they think about what we write, or any funny things peeps would like to add. Let us know! We are still using our Google analytics so we know you are out there reading!

I am sure that there are several other ones, but these are the ones that really take the cake. I would like to know now, what are some of your pet peeves?

14 comments:

Lydia said...

Hi Hays and Meredith! I am a loyal reader. I've commented before, but I will try to do so more often, even though you probably don't much care what I think! ha! I know how you feel about the comments though....it is nice to get them! Hope you don't mind that I have your blog linked up to my son's blog (jacobjameswright.blogspot.com). I hope you guys are coming to the HA reunion next year. Can't wait to see Hays and meet you, Meredith, and little MA! Take care and have a great week!

AEMcPherson said...

Here are some of my pet peeves:
1. Poor grammar (two in particular: when something is "broke" and the misuse of their/they're/there).
2. Dogs in clothes (and I'm not just being ironic).
3. When you call someone, leave a message, and they text you back (without a good excuse).
4. Alabama fans
Miss you guys!! Hope to see you this weekend!!
Love,
Mandy

AEMcPherson said...

Oh...I just thought two more:
Celine Dion and Shania Twain!! What Tracy and Natalie are to you, they are to me!

The Bucklers said...

I agree ~ poor grammar is definitely a pet peeve of mine! Another is when people say "the ATM machine." It is not an automated teller machine machine ~ it is just an automated teller machine, just an "ATM." :) Still love the blog and love keeping up with you guys!!

meredith said...

As a fellow Meredith, I agree about the mis-spelling of our name. I get the old Merideth was well. One of my best friends spells my name that way and it kills me! I mean how long have you known me! Love the blog and catching up with y'all. You probably know my brother Charles Nailen....

~Meredith

Amanda said...

Ok. I guess it is time for me to start leaving comments on your page since I feel that one of your pet peeves was directed at me! I am very guily of visiting you blog every few days looking for pictures of my little girl and never leave a comment. So here it...the beginning of my comments! Love you!

Amanda said...

oops...I guess I should have said "never leaving a comment" instead of "never leave a comment." That was improper grammer because my subject and verb are not in the same tense. I am so sorry! I guess poor grammer would fall under pet peeve #6. Wow, I am pretty guily of commiting several of your pet peeves. I must have driven you crazy over all of these years
:-) !!!

ml said...

Well, Amanda, poor grammar was actually Mandy's pet peeve so I can forgive you for that one! As a science teacher the grammar thing escapes me. AND I am glad you finally commented! You made my day!

Lori said...

This is great! I miss you Meredith. I love this post. Especially the pet peeve about irregardless!! This is difficult for me to hear. I hope you are doing well!!

Nonna said...

My pet peeve is people who have time to sit down and write what their pet peeves are! Why don't you
use that time cleaning out the closet so the tupperware doesn't fall on your head?
Love,
Nonna

Anonymous said...

Hey Ya'll! I love your blog and all of your pictures! And my pet peeve is people asking me "when are you going to have a baby?"... like it is any of their business! Keep up the blog, it is great! =)

mary margaret said...

my pet peeve is when people do not receive recognition for babysitting margaret anne while the "great" parents are at the amos lee concert.. "this really grinds my gears!!"haha... love u anyway... :)

grizaham said...

Peeps misspell my name all the time.. although i usually correct them to the spelling Erique because who spells Erik with a c? ;)

Anonymous said...

I have many pet peeves. Among them - techno music, Heidi and Spencer, and sanctimonious people. However, my number one pet peeve these days is when people ask me if I'm dating someone, and when I say no, they feel that they need to reassure me, with pity in their voices, that "it's okay" or that I "have plenty of time" or that they're "sure that one day I'll meet someone." I promise you that I am not, in any way, concerned about it. When I am dating someone seriously enough that I think you should know, then I will tell you. Until then, please stop treating me as if I am 47 years old and have nine cats.

Love you miss you,

Beth

PS, I love Nonna's comment...