Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Soon to be Dothan-bound!

We are heading to Dothan for Thanksgiving this afternoon, and will be there until Friday. We are staying with Dad & Ronnie, and Jordan will be there too, so we are very excited! I am definitely needing a break from work, and looking forward to some family time. As the financial markets continue to deteriorate, it has had a strange effect on many people I have interacted with. Of course, on the surface is concern and worry (and in many cases sleeplessness), but I think that many people have also used this as an opportunity to share what they are thankful for. I truly believe that this too shall pass (as it always does, even though it takes TIME and PATIENCE), and my hope is that people will use this troubling time to re-evaluate where their focus lies. This is an easy statment for me to make being as I don't have much at this point in my life :), but it seems to me that people who believe that money will provide them with happiness are always sorely disappointed. I will be the first to admit that one of my fatal flaws is thinking that things would be so much easier if I just had $____ more to take care of ____ or to buy ____. I think that is a very natural and human way to feel, but it doesn't make me feel any better. In fact, it usually makes me feel worse! If any of you readers have this same struggle, I challenge you (as I have to do myself) to reframe your thinking, and rather than focusing on what you want or don't have, focus on your many blessings and acknowledge them to those around you. Believe it or not, we all have alot to be thankful for! This season, I am very thankful that I have my family, because I can always count on them to make me happy, regardless of the ups and downs. Happy Holidays, and safe travels!

2 comments:

Bre said...

AMEN!! Hope you guys have a safe and Happy Thnaksgiving and we will see you Friday :)

lg2006 said...

well said hazer! Money doesnt buy happiness!
I had crazies at work latelt too. Today a lady came in and saw the turkey we had on a table adn told me she was offended to be confronted with this rotting carcus while she tries to shop so she is gonna go to whole foods. LOL.