Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Baby Wreaths and my FAV new cooking utensil

When I was pregnant with Margaret Anne, I decided I LOVED the feather baby wreaths, but didn't want to pay the high prices for the ones in the stores. So I taught myself how to make them. I recently made one for my good friend Laura, who is expecting baby Will in a month or so. I thought I would show you guys. If you ever need one, please let me know and I will be glad to make one for you. They are really fun to make!


Last night I was feeling REALLY creative and decided to make spaghetti for dinner (did you guys catch the sarcasm?). I was very excited to use my favorite new kitchen utensil, the Pampered Chef Mix 'N Chop. It really is fantastic when cooking ground meats like beef and sausage that can be really annoying to try to chop up in the pan. The little blades make it SO easy to break up the meat! Here it is in action:

And while I was cooking I had my little sous chef helping me.


She would try to get things out of the cabinets (to help me, of course).



She was right under my feet ready to help at any time.



She even had a drink of water ready at all times. SO helpful!

5 comments:

lg2006 said...

Love the wreath! YOu need to expand your skills to making holiday ones too!
I need a video of that tool in action.

The Skippers said...

She made a wreath for me and I love it! I think a holiday one is a great idea!

littlethreadsbylala@gmail.com said...

The wreath is beautiful! I need one of those tools for taco night!

Lauren said...

You are one crafty mama! I love the feather wreaths too and got my mom to make me one when sipsey was born. It sure beats paying more than $50 for one! We got our bows in the mail yesterday. Thank you, thank you, thank you! You are so sweet! I just finished making Sipsey an AU outfit and the orange bow is perfect for it. I was just telling Ben that we needed to get Sipsey a bow to match and now we have one! I love them ALL!

ml said...

Lauren, I am so glad you like them! I am going to work on some bigger ones and when I get them done I will put some aside for Sipsey!