Thursday, July 23, 2009

(Bump) TV Debut - UPDATED w/ link!!!

***Update!!! Here is the link to the video that I promised you.
Sometimes life doesn't exactly go the way that you expect it to. Most of the time it doesn't get blogged about when things don't go how you plan because that is not "pretty" and we all want or lives to seem as pretty and perfect as possible for the general public.
After Margaret Anne was born, I was on top of the world. A few weeks later, I started having some postpartum anxiety. Well, a lot of postpartum anxiety. More than just the normal baby blues. As much as I love Margaret Anne and I was so glad she was here, I was so uncomfortable and nervous. Every second. I just stared at her wondering what she would do next. I couldn't sleep, and I didn't want to eat.

I am not ashamed of this, this is not uncommon, but it is rarely discussed. I am so glad I have a doctor that I felt like I could talk to and he could help me. I am much better now, and I was about a week or two after I went for my postpartum check up.

The reason that I talk about this now is because I was interviewed with my awesome doctor for a story on the local news about PPD. It hasn't aired yet, but when it does I will update this post with a link. Stay tuned!

For now, here are some pictures of our experience.
This is Me, MA, and my doctor, Dr. Bill Hudson. Margaret Anne really likes him. Maybe she remembers he was the first one to hold her!
During the interview. MA kept trying to grab the microphone.
Dr. Hudson's sweet nurse, Corri. She played with MA after she got too loud to participate. Notice MA is playing with one of those pap smear bottles. Don't worry folks! It was unused (of course), unopened and sealed.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you SO much for sharing! I just found out I was pregnant (first baby) and knowing my personality, I am already worried I'm going to feel the same way...it's so reassuring to hear that this is normal. Thank you!

The Skippers said...

Can't wait to see it I am so glad you did it. PS-cute doc

lg2006 said...

Mere I think this is awesome! Good for you! Now I know who to talk to b.c I am sure that is in my future!

M. Congleton said...

MAN....your doctor is HOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

M. Congleton said...

I'm so proud of you for doing that interview....so brave and honest of you.

Lydia said...

Thanks for sharing this. I also suffered with PPD after Jacob was born, so I relate to what you went through.

Allison & Stewart said...

I watched your interview and it was awesome! Kudos to you for being so willing to openly discuss a topic that desperately needs more publicity!!!! Also, I agree with Mallory--your doctor is HOT!!!

Allison Wooldridge Joyner