Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sometimes

Life is tougher than you want it to be. I am so thankful to have a husband who is not only a reliable husband and father, but also a spiritual leader in our household. He helps me remember daily where to turn when something is happening that there may not be an easy answer for. There is only one place to find the answers. No matter how hard we try, no matter how hard we look for the answers within ourselves or within the actions of other people. We have to turn to the Lord and trust Him with all of our hearts. Sometimes people may hurt us. We may not know why. It is not our place to know or to understand. God knows the heart of every man, and we have to trust that things happen because God has a plan for us. For us to prosper (Jeremiah 29: 11-13). I trust Him, and I trust that I may never understand. I am okay with that. It doesn't mean it is easy, but it is definitely okay.


Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? (Matthew 7:1-3).

3 comments:

Caroline said...

Thanks for the reminder. I needed to hear that.

Laura said...

I love reading your posts. There has been a lot going on in my life and I needed to read this for more support and a reminder. Thanks!(Laura Kerr Parris)

Anna said...

Meredith!! I needed to hear this! Thanks!