Sunday, July 19, 2009

Minibreak

I love that term, I stole it from Bridget Jones! Hays and I took a little mini-vacay this weekend and it has been really nice!
First, we left Thursday night to go to the beach. We got there really late, and Margaret Anne started off the trip by getting sick and throwing up ALL OVER her pack and play. She did not feel well and was absolutely hysterical. After a bath and a lot of snuggling she calmed down, but it was still a very long night. She was not very comfortable in a new place!
We had some beach time on Friday, but Margaret Anne was not too fond of the sand! She didn't like it on her hands and didn't want to play in it. We decided to cut our beach trip short on Friday night and head up to Dothan to hang out with Alan and Sandi. Here are some pics from the beach:
"Daddy, make sure you sunscreen my ears. I don't want them to get burned!"
"Is it rubbed in good, Mama?"
"Um, this stuff is sticking to me!"
Getting some sweet, sweet Daddy love.
One big thing I learned this weekend... Margaret Anne will feed herself! She is teething and her mouth has been bothering her pretty badly. Yesterday I was eating a chocolate chip cookie and I let her taste it. She seemed to like it so I handed it to her, and she started gnawing on it all by herself!! I guess she knows how but won't do it unless she really wants to make her gums feel better. Or maybe she is like her Mama and likes chocolate so much she will even feed herself to get it!
Satisfaction!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

All it took was a cookie to get that sweet girl to feed herself! Sipsey's first beach trip was a disaster. She was only 3 months old. I got SICK and had to go to the ER, then someone pulled the fire alarm after midnight when I got back and I spent the rest of the trip recovering. We went down to the sand just to say we did and we haven't been back since!

The Jernigan's said...

the cookie pics are adorable! i hate she didnt like the beach, maybe next time she will!!

Bre said...

LOVE, Love, Love the pigtails, too cute :) Sorry about the beach. Traveling with a baby is NEVER fun. It will get better.

littlethreadsbylala@gmail.com said...

Oh my! She is adorable! I just love her hair- the soft curls are too cute! I am finally working on our blog (now that I am back at work and have a little time to work on it :) Hope you guys are doing great! I also hope Lee and I can get up to Bham soon and visit!