Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pure Barre. UPDATE - Almost 3 weeks later, and 13 classes in...

Ok, I need a professional counselor, because I am addicted. Completely addicted. And I think there are worse things in the world to be addicted to.
The great thing about Pure Barre is that the more you do it, the harder it gets. Because you can make it through most of the warm up. You learn how to do the exercises and doing them correctly means that they hurt more!
My body feels totally different. I haven't weighed myself, but I am sitting here writing this post in a pair of jeans that is 2 sizes smaller than the jeans  I was wearing 3 weeks ago. I can get into SEVERAL pairs of pants that I couldn't wear. I had to buy new YOGA pants because the ones that I was wearing to class were too saggy baggy and I was afraid someone might bring a "say no to crack" sign. Also, I went to a fantastic Old Navy sale and I was able to buy clothes at least one or two sizes smaller.
I will say that it is not all PB, but a lot of willpower and diet changes. But I know the workout is a LOT of it. And I will keep on keepin' on! I have an appointment on Feb 15th at my Dr's office. I will get weighed then, so that will be my true test. However, I still have over a month left to reach my goal of 10 lbs lost and back into all of my pre-pregnancy jeans!

4 comments:

M. Congleton said...

That's great!!!
Can I have your old saggy baggy yoga pants!!!!

lg2006 said...

Dang girl! that sounds awesome. You should post some pics! Wish I had your willpower!
and old navy makes the BEST yoga pants. They are always sold out in my size!

grizaham said...

Love to hear you are rocking Pure Barre. Reaching personal fitness goals is one of the most rewarding feelings!
Hooray!

littlethreadsbylala@gmail.com said...

This makes me want it here even more! I am totally jealous!