Sunday, February 14, 2010

To My Little Valentine


To my little Valentine,


Today you are 18 months old. 18 MONTHS! The other night daddy and I were talking about how we can’t believe that six months have passed since your first birthday party. We just can’t believe how fast the time is flying by. Just a few mornings ago I was holding you, during that perfect sweet special time of the day, when you first get up and are so eager to be loved on and held. We sat together in the rocking chair, and although I was holding you like a little baby you are SO not a little baby any more. You are a gorgeous, precious little girl. I found myself longing for my little baby again, and then I realized how blessed I am to have you, my angel, in my arms, exactly as you are.

These days you are so much fun. You are walking and running everywhere. Your favorite TV shows are Dora, Diego, Yo Gabba Gabba (eek!), Blue’s Clues and Backyardigans. You love to giggle and dance when you see them coming on and you hear the fun music that goes with them. I think you may be a performer, because you are already inventing some of your own dance moves, and you can turn and jump, and you always take a bow and clap for yourself when you are through.

You say LOTS of words. Mama, Dada, Car, Ball, Bye-bye, No, Keys, Shoes, Light, Hi, Uh-Oh, Nonna, Daisy (more like Dais-, but we are working on it!), Cup, Milk, and you are really good at repeating or trying to repeat words when we ask you to. You are a good eater… sometimes! You have 11 teeth and I think you are working on the 12th one.

There are a few things that you don’t like. You DO NOT like having your teeth brushed. No sir. That is a battle we fight twice a day, and although you hate it, you still lay there and let us do it. You do not like having your beautiful curly hair tamed in the morning time. But let me tell you, it is wrecked when you wake up in the morning, and it makes for absolutely hilarious moments. I never know what I am going to find when I walk in your room in the morning!

There are so many things that I love about you. You are so very, very sweet. You share your toys with anyone that may want to play with them. If one of your friends comes over, you make sure that you give them toys to play with before you get any for yourself. You give such sweet, sweet wonderful kisses and hugs. You have the best little temperament and disposition. I like to think that your personality has something to do with the type of parents that Daddy and I have been so far, but I know that is completely silly and it doesn’t have anything to do with us. You are perfectly YOU, the way our Father made you, and it has nothing to do with Daddy or me.

Oh, my little love. My cup runneth over. Thank you for being the most perfect Valentine.



Love,

Mama

P.S. You didn’t exactly LOVE the snow.

5 comments:

The Skippers said...

So beautiful! She is the perfect Valentine. We are thinking of you today. Love Ya!

lg2006 said...

Oh that is sweet! She is so cute! we must see her soon! I didnt know she was saying words now! dang!

Sinful Southern Sweets said...

Oh that snow picture is too funny! I do believe God makes them extra cute at this age so you'll consider having another one....and forget all those sleepless nights and pains of pregnancy. Oh but its worth it for our little Valentines!!

Bre said...

That was so sweet and brought a tear to my eye. Thinking of you today and tomorrow!

Rachel said...

She is tooooo cute!