Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Computer Troubles!

I have intended to post for a while, but the USB port on our computer is not working, and I had some chipmunk pictures (I'll explain) that I wanted to put up, but I guess I'll have to wait. We have stayed busy as usual. Given the extensive labyrinth of tunnels that the chipmunks have dug in our backyard, I decided to hit up my Grandad for his "humane" rodent trap, which is simply a wire cage with a trap door. I had originally baited it with cashews and placed it in a random spot in the backyard, but Meredith proceeded to tell me that she "used to do this all the time" and that I was doing it wrong. She suggested that we bait it with peanut butter rolled in oats (which I think I would have eaten), and place the trap in the shade under a tree. Sure enough, we had one caught the next day! And it can all be attributed to Meredith's skill in trapping. I think her ancestors were Inuit trappers known for trading their fine pelts in the Yukon Territory! Anyhow, we decided that Overton Park would be a good place to free the poor guy, and he was quite happy with our decision. We even caught another one the next day, so they can continue to be friends in the park. If any of you live near Overton Park, sorry, but you now have a chipmunk problem. Other than that, I drove to Montgomery on Sat morning to pick up our dogneice Chloe. She is staying with us while her parents have fun at the beach. The rest of the weekend was filled with golf and Mother's Day Extravaganza on Sunday! We had lunch with Meredith's family, and had dinner with my family. We love all the moms! Mereith got an "early" Mother's Day present last week, a Blackberry Pearl (which is pink and she loves). For those of you who don't use Verizon, you are seriously short-changing yourself (even though AT&T hogs the iPhone). This week is just work, then an engagement party in Gadsden on Saturday. Hopefully Sunday will be golf (hint hint Meredith)!!!

5 comments:

ml said...

I feel sad for the Chipmunks when they are in the traps. I am glad we let them go!

The Bucklers said...

Cute chipmunk story!! :) Hays, by any chance are you going to be in Dothan for the RR Memorial Golf Tournament? I am sure the answer is 'no,' considering you probably have to work on Thursdays :) but it is worth asking. Brad is playing but needs a team.... Hope y'all are well!

The Bucklers said...

Good morning! Hays, got your comment/question. The tournament is next Thurs., May 22 at The Highlands. If you are interested and really think you can play, Mom is working with the coordinator to organize a team for Brad and would love to add you to it. :) Keith is going to try to be there but cant commit 100%, so he wont be playing....

Anna said...

how did the crib assembly go?!

AEMcPherson said...

Mer - Did you see the Bachelorette? What a huge bunch of tools! But, I'm still excited about the season! Is that bad?
Miss you - Mandy