Friday, May 30, 2008

"I am too excited to sleep!"

Remember the commercial, where the kids are going to Disney World, and they won't quit giggling because they are so excited? That is how I feel right now! Last week, amidst all the end of school/cousins' graduations (congrats Tori and James), our nursery furniture came in and it was very exciting! Also, I have several friends coming to town this weekend to go to the SATC movie with me and I can't wait to see them! I haven't seen any of them since I got pregnant, and I have missed them terribly. This may be my last childless girls' night with them all together, and I can't wait!!!

Also last night I made some tiebacks for my curtains, and they really helped make the nursery a cuter! It is still a work in progress, but here are some pics.

I absolutely LOVE this curtain rod!

Here are my homemade curtain tiebacks! They turned out much cuter than I expected, and much cheaper than buying them!Last but NOT least, this is the infamous ceiling fan that Hays installed. It REALLY helped change the look of the room!

I could not be more pleased with how everything is turning out in there. The crib and dresser are from Pottery Barn, and the glider is from a little store in Rainbow City. It may be the most comfortable chair in the history of the world. We obviously are slowly getting everything together, just don't have things on the walls yet or the bedding, but Margaret Anne is going to end up with the best room in the house!

The doll sitting in the glider is a little ballerina doll that I recently found while going through some of my old things. My late grandmother Rosalee McCool knitted it for me many years ago. It looks perfect in the nursery and I was so excited to have found it. I definitely teared up when I saw the tag that said "Made with tender loving care by Rosalee McCool."

1 comment:

lg2006 said...

Looking awesome you guys! I love it!