Friday, June 27, 2008

Blogger's Block

Well, I'm not sure it's really blogger's block, more a case of not having time to blog. To get things up to speed, Meredith and I finished our Planning for Parenthood classes at St. Vincent's this past Monday, and were highly disappointed that we weren't rewarded with some sort of certificate, diploma, plaque, or trophy. How will we prove to our child that we are certified to parent? All in all, the class was very valuable, and also allowed me to improve my vocabulary, which will come in handy when I work on my crossword puzzles. Did I mention that I am obsessed with crossword puzzles? Words that are associated with childbirth are very interesting and unusual. For instance, vernix, lanugo, meconium, milia, lochia, colostrum, and the list goes on. Some more pleasant than the others. The highlight of the class had to have been when all the expectant dads put on the "empathy belly", which is a 26-pound suit consisting of boobs and pregnant belly. Yes, there are pictures to prove that I volunteered, and I'm sure Meredith will post them soon, and I am mentally preparing myself for that.


In other news, Meredith had her Dothan baby shower 2 weekends ago, and her Gadsden shower last weekend, so our house is now overflowing with baby gadgets, which is exciting! I will let her give the rundown of gifts, but thanks to everyone who has attended. it means very much to us, and we are thankful for all of our friends and blessed to have such good people around us. This week Meredith and Sandi have been in Auburn with her Cougarettes dance line for UDA camp, and from what I hear so far, her girls have been awesome. She returns to the 'Ham today for some much needed R &R!

1 comment:

lg2006 said...

Hazer! I forget how funny you are.. and then you blog! We MUST see pics of you in that suit!! also pics of all the gifts!
Sus was in town last week and we both decided that you guys picked a beautiful name! love it!