Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Another Day, Another Doctor Visit

Today we had a follow-up visit from Monday's appointment, and for some reason Meredith and I were kind of nervous. On a positive note, the waiting room was almost empty, which was a welcome change from the last few visits of a waiting room packed fuller than a Golden Corral on half-price steak night!! Not that I actually KNOW what a Golden Corral looks like from the inside. Of course, her first blood pressure reading was high, which we blamed on nervousness, so the nurse suggested that she lay down for a while and relax. 30 minutes laster, we had an acceptable blood pressure reading. After the first reading, I was sure we'd be off to admissions, but the doc said that we should be good until Meredith's regular doc (Dr. Bill Hudson) returned from his vacation on Monday. Monday seems like an eternity away, however that works better for our out-of-town family, so I guess that's good. If any men actually read this blog (which I highly doubt), and if these same men happen to be fathers, or either regularly attend childbirths, I would like your opinion on the most valuable accessory to take to the hospital. We will update soon if there are any changes!

4 comments:

lg2006 said...

Hayzer you make me laugh! Hope you find some good accessories!

Marianna said...

good luck guys. it'll all be worth it! can't wait to see pics of MA! Don't have any daddy advice but hang in there.

The Bucklers said...

Hey guys. Brad and I know exactly how you feel. I was diagnosed with pre-eclampsia during my 2nd trimester with Alli (earlier than the norm) and again towards the end with Elizabeth. I had to be induced both times; Alli, however, was preterm. Try to relax in the fact that being past 38 weeks now, MA is officially "term" at this point, from both an OB's and Ped's perspective. Of course you want to keep her inside as long as possible, but you are at a fairly "safe" point now. I understand that a difficult aspect of it is that things may not go as you planned, so having been there myself, my advice is to let go of that as much as possible, and to focus on the big-picture plan: doing what is best for your sweet baby, and for you. If it is best for her that she come sooner rather than later, so be it. Trust your doctor, and of course, PRAY. All 3 of you are in our prayers, and please email/call me if you have any questions about hypertension, induction, or whatever; Brad is a 2nd year Neonatology Fellow, and he would be more than happy to talk to you, as well, about the baby's aspect of it. Good luck and keep us posted!!

Anonymous said...

Your Dad said you may want to make sure you bring your composure with you, along with some smelling salts and some valium. love you!!