Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Hurry up and Wait!

That's what I feel like I have been doing these past few weeks... just trying to hurry to get somewhere and then waiting on results or answers! For example - hurry up and get to your Dr appointment, wait in the waiting room for an hour. All I have been able to do lately (besides a few trips out of the house chauffered by Hays) is go to the doctor and watch lots and lots of daytime TV. Which stinks, people. You know you are hard up for something to watch when you WAIT for the hour that DR Phil will be on. YUCK.
Now in the next few days we are just waiting to check in to the hospital, and I am so excited that I can't put it into words. However, I am also terrified! All of those fears that you have that make you wait to get pregnant don't just automatically go away when you are pregnant. They are just much more real and in your face! I will say this... and Hays may not believe me, but I would not trade this experience for anything. I feel like in these next few days I need to hold onto what I know so tightly. Like the fact that Hays and I will never be "just us" again, and we will no longer EVER worry about just ourselves. The fact that Daisy's life will also never be the same, which may seem silly but that little dog has been with me through thick and thin and has never left my side! But we are also so full of anticipation that it is hard to hold onto those things because we can't wait to get to the next stage, of sleepless nights and endless feedings and diaper changes and crying, and being able to look at that little girl and hold her in our arms. We are fully aware of the blessings that God has in store for us and for her and it is all just so overwhelming. I know that the most important, wonderful day of my life so far is coming up, yet I still can't fully fathom how wonderful it will actually feel, nor will I be able to explain it after I finally do feel it.
So for now, I am just going to "hurry up and wait," and enjoy what time we have left as a couple and look forward to the time we will have as "just the three of us."

7 comments:

milamrl said...

ok..your blog has officially made me cry at work. I am beyond excited for you both and can't wait to meet your baby girl!!! :)

Anonymous said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!

ml said...

I also forgot to mention that Hays likes to look at me and yell "Give me my child!!" as if I am keeping her from him on purpose!

lg2006 said...

Hooray! Thurs is soon! I will gladly give you my datime TV schedule Mere!

1.Kelly & Regis
2. The View
3. Martha Stewart
4.Young & Restless
5.Bold & Beautiful
6. Oprah

Then an afternoon walk!

Bre said...

We will be praying for you two and Miss. MA! You will soon experience the MOST wonderful thing a female can go thru. The moment you lay eyes on that sweet girl is something you will NEVER EVER forget! We are so excited for you two and can't wait to meet her.

Unknown said...

You, Hays and Margaret Ann are in my thoughts and prayers! I love your blog btw.

The Bucklers said...

Cant wait and am thinking of and praying for all of you! Prepare yourself for the most wonderful, most surreal moment of your life....