Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sorry its been so long...

Yes, I know we owe everyone some Thanksgiving pics, and unfortunately we don't have very many! I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving, because we sure did! I was a little eventful with the array of dogs (6 dogs) and sweet Sparky was uber excited about them, but it definitely made things interesting!

Now we are all getting ready for Christmas, and I must say that I am really excited about Christmas this year! Margaret Anne has already gotten a few gifts from her Aunt Sandi and Uncle Alan (they got her a beautiful Juicy Couture baby coat that will be modeled and put on the blog very soon, I promise) and her Grammy (Ronnie) got her some PRECIOUS outfits as well, some of them also Juicy (you will get a little sampling of those too)! I am NOT at all caught up on my Christmas shopping, though I do have an idea of what I am going to get everyone. We are going to have a very slim Christmas this year as I am sure everyone is, and while the only person I have actually bought presents for yet is MA, I am not giving her too many because A) she will have no idea what is going on and B) she doesn't really need all that much right now! I am still up in the air about what to get Hays although I have a few things in mind :) We usually tell each other what we want for Christmas and then go out and get it but I would really like to have at least one surprise for him this year.
Margaret Anne is growing so fast! In the past week it seems like she has learned to do many more things. Instead of just swatting at her toys, now she is beginning to grab them, and she also has been staring at her feet a lot lately, trying to figure out where they came from and what they do. She gets REALLY excited when she sees her bottle, and immediately tries to grab it and put it in her mouth, but she doesn't quite have the coordination to get it there. She can even hold the bottle by herself a little. She has started fighting her sleep a little bit, so we have to let her get pretty tired before we are able to put her down for a nap! She has a lovey that Debby R gave her and she really seems to like it. It is easy for her to grab and of course, as soon as it gets in her hand, she tries to put it straight in her mouth. At least its washable :) Another cute thing she has been doing is talking - A LOT. She is still sleeping in her bassinet in our bedroom, and every morning she wakes up just babbling away, after sleeping through the night for a good 8-9 hours. She loves to talk in the morning and also when she has a full belly. I love waking up to that sound, I think it might be the most beautiful sound I have ever heard. We are so lucky that she wakes up cooing and not screaming. She smiles a TON, and she has started to get a little bashful with it... she turns her head away sometimes when you make her smile.

Here is a picture of her with her lovey. She especially likes to hold onto it when she is sleepy, like she was in this picture.


Also, this is one Thanksgiving pic from our night with Hays' family in Birmingham. I "stole" this from Bre's blog. Thanks Bre! Notice her drooly little chin?

3 comments:

lg2006 said...

If I had a baby, I would cover it in Bbay Juicy so puh-lease post those pics stat!!

Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving!

Bre said...

I cried both times when I moved my kids to thier rooms. I LOVED waking up with them next to me. However, I still wake up with Carter next to me, somehow just not the same :) We will see you guys soon.

Anonymous said...

She is too precious. I can just picture her getting shy when she smiles :)