Monday, February 9, 2009

Weekend Fun!

Meredith and I had an action-packed weekend! On Saturday we woke up and cleaned the house, went grocery shopping, had lunch at Greyhouse Grille with Jamie, Trey, Corrie, Benjamin, Natalie, and babies, met Laura & Erik at our house for a baby visit, went to Academy Sports for fishing gear, then to Hobby Lobby for crafty-styles, back home to meet Gaddy (Great Aunt Donna= GADdy) to babysit MA, then to TWO engagment parties. WHEW! Sunday was much more easy-going. I went bass fishing on Logan Martin for most of the day, and didn't even have a single bite! It's been a long time since that happened, but the water is still a little cold. Plus, we hit 60 mph in the bass boat, which was worth the trip alone. Here's a picture of what Hays looks like on a 60 mph boat ride

I'm really not smiling...the wind is blowing my face to the back of my head! Needless to say, I now have the fishing bug and will want to go constantly. Sorry Meredith! One other bit of excitement worth mentioning is that I ordered Meredith and I Ray LaMontagne tickets for April 27th @ the Alabama Theatre. First off, we love this venue. Second, I have been wanting to see Ray for a long time and we won't even have to travel to do so. If you aren't familiar with him, I recommend you download all 3 of his albums NOW, but if you aren't willing to do that, here is a Cliff's Notes of Ray to get you started. In my humble opinion, he will be regarded as one of the most prolific songwriters of our generation! If you like Bob Dylan's lyrics sans the political spin, you'll like Ray. It would be hard for me to believe that he has experienced the pain he expresses in his music at such a young age, but I won't argue. He is a man among boys in this era of record companies producing corporate trash! Check him out

1. Trouble
2. Shelter

3. Forever My Friend

4. Jolene

5. Be Here Now

6. Empty

7. Lesson Learned

8. Let It Be Me

9. I Still Care For You

10. Winter Birds

I think 10. is my favorite song at this moment.

3 comments:

AEMcPherson said...

I LOVE RAY!! I saw him in 06 or 07 at The Alabama Theater and it was an incredible show...you won't regret it! He's playing in Philadelphia in April and I'm trying to get a group of DC folks together to go up there for it (and if I can't, I may go by myself!).
Hope the Latimers are doing well! Kisses to MA!
Love, Aunt Mandy

lg2006 said...

Hayzer I didnt even recognize you in that pic! dang! I wanna learn abour Ray. You are my 2nd Music mentor to say that!

Courtney Cochran said...

Ray was fab at the Tabernacle here in ATL. Check out Tyler Ramsey too, I saw him at The Earl Friday in East ATL and he holds his own too. Damn Ray for playing on a Monday night.

courtney cochran