Sunday, March 30, 2008

A-Day in Auburn


Meredith and I decided to go to A-Day in Auburn today because the reality of going to many/any games with baby in tow are highly unlikely! We left B'ham at about 8:30 am to make sure we made it to our friends tailgate on time. When we arrived at the top level of the parking deck by the stadium, no tailgate was to be found! So I called Steve, and he admitted that they were running behind, and that he "dropped the ball". Meredith agreed with him wholeheartedly, and so did I. Boiling peanuts before a game is fine, as long as you start HOURS before the game, not MINUTES. After a brief tailgate with no food, we went into the game and had lots of fun. Every time I go back to Auburn I am reminded why, of all the places I have been, it is still near the top. In the car Meredith and I talked about how we missed it, but it looks very different in the 4+ years we have been gone! The A-Day game left me even more excited about our team this year, and I think the players are more excited than ever. You could just see it on the field; everybody is getting a chance to show what they can do. We drove back after the game :( and stayed home and watched some good movies. I Am Legend was good and scary; Into the Wild was phenomenal! I highly recommend that movie to anyone who has ever had the desire to set out on a journey and not know where you will end up. Got to get dressed for church now!

6 comments:

The Skippers said...

I miss AU too!

ml said...

War Eagle! Sunburn hurts.

lg2006 said...

Hazer the music thing is covering the blog post!
I am glad you mentioned into the wild! I wanna see that and didnt know it was on DVD yet

The Bucklers said...

Great job with the music, Hays! The playlist is terrific!! :)

grizaham said...

Heard the Tigers look solid.. Hope we can make it 7 in a row this year. War Eagle

Jessica said...

auhays, thank you for the comment on my photoblog. I'm happy to dole out tips; I recommend the book "understanding exposure" for starters :D war eagle!