Monday, March 3, 2008

Meltdowns and such

This weekend I had two meltdowns. The first of which began Saturday morning while Hays was gone to play golf. I got up and got dressed to go and buy some pants for work. It was hot out, so I wanted to wear jeans and a short sleeved shirt. Well, after trying on some shirts from last spring that I was sure I could wear this early in the pregnancy, I realized that I am bigger EVERYWHERE. So my cute shirts no longer looked cute, just too small. I started to feel so GROSS. Now I know it's healthy to get bigger and I am okay with that, I just wasn't prepared to face it this early. SO, not only did I buy some more pants, but I got some cute maternity shirts, too. It made me feel a lot better to have clothes that I can actually feel comfortable in! Hays wasn't too excited about me spending a little extra money, but I told him when his body changes this much he could spend all the money he wants on clothes. He seemed to agree with me then.

Meltdown number 2 began on Sunday when we got home from Sunday lunch. I decided that it would be necessary to completely clean our house because it hadn't been cleaned in about a month and we won't be able to clean next weekend. It seemed like everywhere I looked, all I could see was dust or dog hair. And Daisy smelled RIPE. And the carpet had these "mystery droplings" on it that needed to come up. SO, what I thought would be an hour of cleaning turned into about 4 hours of cleaning, with Hays cleaning also. I talked to a friend on Saturday who said she was cleaning her baseboards. I think she is in the "nesting" phase of her pregnancy. This made me look at my baseboards, which I realized were disgusting! Hays was not happy however, when I asked him to clean them. I would have done it myself, but I was in the process of scraping week-old burnt on gunk from the smooth top stove. He did agree with how dirty they were, though. We got a lot of cleaning done, but not without lots of obsessing and nagging on my part. I had to clean the bathtub twice because it just didn't look clean enough! I had Hays move the shower curtain rod up a few inches, and in the process the paint came off the wall in those places. So THEN I have to break out the "Waterfall Mist" paint and paint the bare spots on the wall. I am lucky to have a husband that puts up with me! He even vaccuumed the furniture, the stairs, and steam-cleaned the "mystery droplings!"

I wrecked my back in the process of all the kneeling and scrubbing, which caused the mini-crying spell I had later. Oh, the JOY of pregnancy hormones.

To satisfy those who I love, who read the blog and actually comment, I will put up a belly pic as soon as I can remember to get Hazer to take one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! I tried to vote on your mountain dew pole, but it's not working. I think it's a great idea- you don't want to run the risk of your baby sleeping when you are trying to find out the sex! I've also heard the drink a ton of water the day you are getting your ultrasound.
Can't wait to hear what you are having.

The Bucklers said...

Hey Meredith! Yes, drinking Mtn Dew can help during your u/s, and so can loud noises to make him/her jump or shift around a little. They will be looking for a "hamburger" (girl) or a "turtle" (boy). :) Good for you for getting some new clothes! They will definitely make you feel better and cuter. You did very well making it this far ~ I was out of most pants and many tops (thanks to increased boobage)by 10 weeks the first time and 8 the second. Kudos to you, mama! :)

lg2006 said...

NOw that is my kind of cleaning!! Waterfall mist sounds pretty. We will need you to take the belly pic in front of the water fall mist paint!

stewdog said...

I´m not sure who mallory is, but maybe she needs to vote on your mountain dew poll instead of mountain dew pole. It might work then.

Belly pic? Eeewwww!!! Just kidding.