Thursday, April 3, 2008

An uneventful week...

So I haven't had much to comment on this week. It is 9:53 PM on Thursday night, and I feel like Doogie Howser typing his memoirs at the end of an episode, except I don't have any insightful learnings or anything. Meredith and I have been busy with work and haven't had much energy to do much else but hit the couch at night. I have done some landscaping this week, and I am slowly discovering that I actually ENJOY working in the yard. I'm not for sure, but that could be my initiation into the Old Folks Club. If most of my future conversations start with a comment about the weather or my constant joint pain, I will officially apply for my AARP membership. Is it just me, or does the AARP just seem like a platform for companies to advertise to the elderly through? With spokespeople like Wilford Brimley or Sam Waterston, who wouldn't want to load up on a final expense policy or Dia-bee-tus pamphlets? Anyhow, in our effort to eat a little better, we decided to load up on groceries, and impressively we have actually used them rather than rely on our local Dairy Queen to provide nourishment! We have had pork tenderloin, cheeseburgers, pot roast, chicken and rice casserole, and lots of fresh vegetables. Mmmm...This weekend Meredith is helping give a baby shower in Gadsden for her friend Amanda, so I will plan on sitting in her parents recliner and watching the Braves begin their meltdown earlier than hoped this year. All seems to be well with Operation Margaret Anne, although Meredith seems to think her right ankle is slightly swollen compared to her left. I'm not sure what that means; I like to think the swelling is caused by our child's super-intelligent baby brain! Meredith can feel her moving around and kicking some, but everytime I put my hands on her belly...nothing. She is already learning to hide from her Dad! In other baby news, our friends Jamie and Trey informed us that she is 11 weeks pregnant, and we were ecstatic! Meredith started crying she was so happy! I just noticed that I overuse the exclamation point. Maybe that is a side-effect of ingesting large quantites of Milo's sweet tea before bed. Maybe something interesting will happen this weekend! Peace

5 comments:

ml said...

The yard looks great!

Marianna said...

Don't worry, you'll feel that baby moving soon and it'll be the coolest thing you've ever witnessed! You'll be such a great dad! Tell Meredith to keep those feet up when she can, swollen ankles are no fun but at least it's flip flop time!

AEMcPherson said...

Yay to Jamie and Trey! I know that's exciting that y'all will have babies close in age!

grizaham said...

ditto on the yard work. i love it too.. war eagle.

lg2006 said...

Awesome! That is really exciting for Jaime and Trey. Sus is here this week and said hi to you both!