Friday, February 29, 2008

The Moment of Truth

For any of you who have seen the advertisement for this TV show on FOX, I would be interested to hear your views on what this show represents or stands for. In a television era where "reality" is king, we are delivered a myriad of mind-numbing crap to fill our evenings with. There are shows like "A Shot at Love with Tila Tequila" and "Cheaters" which seem to reward moral bankruptcy, but this new show, "The Moment of Truth", which FOX seems so proud to promote, is the absolute bottom of the barrel. Let me be the first to say that I completely understand that people actually do sign up for this show. Why anyone would actually risk personal relationships or their psychological well-being for financial gain is beyond me. It then occurred to me that media companies, like most politicians, will do or say anything to gain almighty market share in such a competitive landscape. My persuasion to those reading this is that you will not endorse this crap that seems to be thought up by conscience-less idiots. If this is the kind of stuff that appeals to our generation, then I feel sorry for the generations to come (wow, that sounds like a grandad). If our society is so bored that we need to watch people humiliate themselves voluntarily on national television, then I hate to think what it will be like in a few years. An that, my friends, is what really grinds my gears. Please comment as I would like to see if I am the only one who has a major issue with this stuff. Peace

5 comments:

stewdog said...

You just have to boycott reality TV. I´ve watched like 8 episodes in my lifetime. It´s pretty nice being totally ignorant of it!

ml said...

"You know what really grinds my gears? People in the 19th century. It's called an automobile. Get with the frickin' program."

grizaham said...

I tend to stick to soaps.. ;) But i agree, it is going to be very interesting to watch the future of this world unfold.

The Skippers said...

I agree. I think that show is complete crap and lacking any moral substance. I think they have run out of ideas and the thought of someone ruining their life for money is all they have come up with. I am with you!

kristy said...

I share the sentiments of this post! I have never actually seen the show, but just watching the advertisements gets my blood pressure up. It makes me sad that our culture has resorted to this type of show for "entertainment."