Thursday, September 24, 2009

Things I LOVE lately

I thought I would let you guys in on a few things that are around these days that I absolutely love.
  1. Babylegs. Like baby leg warmers, these little things are SO cute and so far, Margaret Anne likes them too! They are warm, not nearly as difficult to put on as tights or leggings are, and the best part is that you don't have to take them off to change her diaper! I have her some in several colors: pink, white, orange (war eagle that), black, and purple.

    2. My new (to me!) sewing machine!!!

    It was my grandmother's. She passed away when I was sixteen and I guess my mom finally figured that since I am 30 and have a child that I could be trusted with it. I got it Monday night and immediately sewed up the rear end of some of MA's pants. Because she still scoots so much, she has completely worn out the seams of several pairs of pants! I am excited about learning how to use it and maybe even making some cute little dresses. I think Grandma (Hays' maternal grandmother) may give me some lessons one day, if I'm good!
    Another reason I love this... I could almost swear that when I opened the case and took it out, it smelled like my Mee-Maw. Maybe it was just my imagination, but I could detect just a faint aroma of the Jean-Nate that she used to wear. :)

    3. FALL. I love fall. I love all of the pretty fall colors and the way that the air starts to get cooler after the sun goes down. Our wedding was in the fall and I was so glad to use those beautiful fall colors in my wedding flowers.

    4. NEW EPISODES!!! My favorite TV shows have finally started showing new episodes. I love "House, M.D.," "Criminal Minds" (the show last night was SO good), "The Office," "30 Rock," "Grey's Anatomy," and "Private Practice." I have NO idea when I will ever be able to catch up on everything that I have DVR'd!

    5. This weekend is the Greek Food Festival at the Greek Orthodox church downtown. I love going and we try to go every year. They have fantastic food, wine, Greek music, dancers, and shopping! Not to even mention the yummy desserts (baklava, anyone??)!

    One more thing I love... my husband, of course!!!

    We were married 3 years ago yesterday, and I am so glad I was able to marry my best friend and the love of my life. I can't believe that 3 short years later, we are settled into a home and the Lord has blessed us with a 13 month old amazing little girl, and so much else, and we are happier than ever. We have so much to be thankful for!

    3 comments:

    Susannah said...

    Congrats on the anniversary, and thanks for the comment!

    lg2006 said...

    Dang! I forgot your anniversary! You guys are an amazing couple ( and amazing parents) ! Happy Anniversary!
    Baby legs are the cutest things EVER
    I have been sewing tons lately! It is alot of fun. Browse etsy and you will get lots of ideas!

    Jordan said...

    Mrs. Latimer,
    Right now I am on my way to the Tuscaloosa County game and I couldn't think of a better time to see the new decor of your blog :) I love it and I love this post. I hope you have fun this weekend get caught up on your shows!
    Love J-Dog