Thursday, April 17, 2008

In the midst of a mental breakdown...

I want to know how many more people are going to tell me how big I am to have to go til August to have this baby. I am guessing about 300, since I get about 2 comments per day. And these are random people, mind you. The last 2 comments I got about 30 minutes ago were at a place of business. And don't think I won't mention to the owner that she might want to tell her employees to keep their opinions to themselves. I am about to pay them $300.00, people! I don't care if it's pregnancy hormones. I don't like it. Not one bit.

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Meredith,
You are totally legit in your frustration! People mean so well with their comments but 99% of the time it comes across as rude and offensive. I just had a baby in December and I completely remember what you are going through. All I can tell you is just smile and don't say a word! You look so great as a pregnant gal--I only wish that I could have looked half as good as you do during my 9 months of pregnancy and morning (and noon and night) sickness! Hang in there because it is all worth it! -Lydia Roney Wright

lg2006 said...

Or you could come up with a smart retort, so then they would think twice before ever saying that again. ha

Mitzi said...

So rude!!! And if they were women, so mean!!! I would call the owner.
Men can be stupid about it, but women should understand. I am getting together with some girl friends tomorrow and we will try to think of a standard statement you can make to "these people"
You look wonderful!!!!!!
Mitzi

ml said...

You know, for some reason it never bothers me when men say things. But they always say funny stuff, e.g., they point to their pot bellies and say "you're starting to look like me!" It is only the women who upset me. I think I am going to start asking them "and when is your baby due?" even if it's obvious that they aren't pregnant.

Anonymous said...

I was telling my mom the other day that you were upset that everyone was telling you how big your baby was going to be. She said that she think she told you at Amanda's shower that you were going to have a big baby. She apologizes and said she thought you looked wonderful and she did not mean to offend you.

I will be home on Saturday for a week!