Thursday, April 10, 2008

The Last Lecture

For those of you who have not heard of Randy Pausch, I DEMAND that you watch the attached video. Randy Pausch is a professor of computer science at Carnegie Mellon University, and it is a tradition for professors there to give a "last lecture" on the final day of class. Randy's lecture is significant because, rather than being a lecture marking the last day of class, it is a lecture he gives before his certain death. His perspective on life and how to live it is so powerful that, every time I watch it, it makes me realize how ridiculous some of my concerns or fears are. I first saw the clip a few months ago and forced everybody I work with to watch it, but of course 5 days later had pushed his words to the back of my mind behind more "important" matters. Last night on ABC Primetime there was a one hour special about Randy and his life, and I am so glad I watched it because it is so refreshing to see such a positive outlook on life when death is staring you mercilessly in the face. I will let you be the judge of his message, my only request is that you watch it and then think about how it applies to your life and who you are, or who you want to become.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roRGBqGgbqY

2 comments:

ml said...

He is truly an inspirational person. He also wrote a book called "The Last Lecture" that I will be purchasing.
His story (and more importantly, the way he tells it) will make anyone think about their life and how to live it.

The Skippers said...

I forgot to tell you we are watching that at our next Bible study. I am pumped to see it.