Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Long time no blog...

Yes, I know I have not blogged in a while. I haven't had too much going on these days, besides work. I will be SO relieved when school gets out and I can relax for a few weeks before craziness starts again.
Many people have the impression that teachers are lucky because they get the summer off. However, I have never been one of those teachers! Between practicing with my dancers, taking them to camp, tutoring for the Graduation Exam, and Band Camp (again, with my dancers), I have a jam-packed summer! Not to mention the numerous workshops that I am required to attend. The only good thing about a lot of those days is that they only require about 3 to 4 hours of actual work, as compared to 9 or 10 on regular school days. I can handle that. AND I can safely say that no one expects me to be outside at band camp this year!
We are going to the beach the day that I get out of school and I am SO excited! Hays is taking a couple of days off work and we will have much needed time to rest and relax! We haven't been to the beach with Hays' parents in a LONG time, so it will be really nice to have quality time with them as well!
We had our annual yard sale on Saturday at Kenley's house and I have to say that a yard sale takes a lot of work, but it is a GREAT way to make some extra money and get rid of junk that you never use. We always go through our things and if we haven't used them in a year, we put them aside for the yard sale. My goal was to make enough money for a new ceiling fan for the nursery, and we made that and then some! The ceiling fan is now in pieces all over the nursery and I hope it is installed before the baby is born.
Most importantly, as far as baby news goes, everything seems to be going well! Margaret Anne is kicking SO much these days. Hays is amazed at how much she kicks at night when I sit still. I have been feeling great, and aside from the occasional swollen ankles (after a long day at work, mostly) and all of the kicks, I hardly feel pregnant, which is incredible! I have even been cooking dinner most nights, which is kind of a miracle because I didn't do that before I was pregnant. Last night I stayed up past ten, which may be a record for me.
I hope you guys enjoyed my rambling thoughts for today. I will try to post more often!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe you stayed up that late!

lg2006 said...

I most certainly enjoyed those thoughts! I am excited you guys are takinga beach trip!
I am still loving the name Margaret Ann!