Thursday, April 9, 2009

Blog Responsibilities!


Meredith insisted last night that I blog today, and her rationale was, "People will lose interest and stop reading if you don't write" to which I replied something along the lines of "Nobody cares to hear me ramble". OK, that's probably not even close to how the conversation went. Meredith has the uncanny ability to remember exact sentences from a conversation we had in 2004 while driving in the car, while I can't remember even being in the car at that point in time. I remember much more the feeling that I got during that conversation rather than what specifically was said. Was the mood tense? Did I feel warm and fuzzy? Was I quietly pissed? Was I even listening? I really wish I could remember exactly what was said, because that would make me much more effective arguer, but then again, effective arguers rarely have abundant friends! Meredith can also read at light speed, which makes me very jealous because I love to read and I love to learn, but I have never been a fast reader. It KILLED me on standardized tests. I would rock the math and science, but my reading comprehension score would just show a picture of a primate rather than an actual "score".

Holy Week is here, and this Lenten season has been a real eye opener for a couple of reasons. In a period that calls for self-examination, self-denial, and focused prayer, I have begun to realize the abundant blessings that God gives us. In a culture that gets their information from sensationalists in the media and is driven by self-preservation, it is refreshing to turn off the "noise" and listen to what is happening in your heart and in your soul. Wait, I'm pulling the plug on this thought process before it gets too "heavy"...

We have yet another busy weekend planned. I will be at the church at midnight tonight to keep the prayer vigil, and I am very excited about it! For some reason, I have always craved quiet time and solitude, and I really look forward to some time in silent prayer, and I wonder where my mind will take me! I often feel like the Family Circus comic, where the little boy wanders all over the place to get from Point A to Point B, when a straight line would have done just fine. I think the proper term for that is "scatter-brained" or "absent-minded professor". I am off for Good Friday, so I get a full day to play with MA! I am thrilled because I feel like I've worked late for a month straight, and we have some catching up to do. Alan & Sandi are headed up this way, and what seems like all of Meredith's family is going to church with us on Easter Sunday. Our poor little church won't know what hit 'em ;). Saturday, we have Emily's 1st birthday party, so Margaret Anne can get an idea of how she should be at her 1st birthday party. Happy Birthday Emily!! See you soon!!

P.S.- I have a major problem overusing the exclamation point. This blog post should not be yelled!

1 comment:

lg2006 said...

I enjoy exclamation points and Hazer blogging!!!!