Monday, April 27, 2009

Concert Time!!!

I have been waiting for this day for what seems like a long time! Meredith knows that I am like a kid in a candy store when it comes to seeing live music. If it's any good, that is. We are going to see Ray LaMontagne at the Alabama Theatre, which is a spectacular venue. I have been to many places to see music, and AL Theatre probably ranks right behind Radio City Music Hall as my favorite venue. No denying the history of Radio City, that's for sure. We also had a fantastic date night there(AL Theatre) a few years ago when we saw Jamie Cullum. That little guy can put on quite a show. Until then, and since then for that matter, I have never seen anyone jump off of a piano. I guess that's what happens when you watch a 5'6" Englishman consume a half-dozen Monster energy drinks during his performance. My heart would have officially exploded after energy drink #3.

SO, Ray LaMontagne tonight, then on May 18th we will see Coldplay again. I think it will be hard to beat their show that we saw at the Philips, but it has been years since I have seen a show at Oak Mountain, which is ridiculous I might add!

I got a text message from my Ronnie and Dad saying that Bruce Springsteen was awesome last night. Nice early B-day present, right Ronnie?! I imagine that was a check off of things to do in Ronnie's lifetime! She was super-excited. Not sure about Dad, although I have heard him sing Bob Dylan. Ha ha! I'll be sure to post a review of the show tomorrow

2 comments:

meredith said...

We saw Bruce last night in Atlanta and he was AWESOME!!! It was one to check of our list for sure!

~Meredith

AEMcPherson said...

I hope you enjoy tonight's show as much as I did his Philly show! He was incredibly awesome! Don't be late - his first song is You Are the Best Thing and he rocks it! And the Alabama Theater is an incredible venue. Enjoy!!